Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

New Study Snack

2 finals down, 2 more to go!

Here are some food highlights from the week so far:

As I'm sure everyone probably already knows, I have a slight obsession with Greek yogurt, but this week I tried something that took my obsession to a whole new level. On Sunday, the cashier at Whole Foods asked me if I'd ever tried freezing Greek yogurt before. I told him I hadn't, and he assured me that I must try it ASAP because it would be life changing. Later that night, I stuck an Apple Cinnamon flavored Chobani in the freezer for 30 minutes and sprinkled some Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan granola on top. It was so good I've had it two nights in a row!

Favorite new study snack.

Last night I was STARVING when I got home from back to back classes of pure barre and spinning. After studying and taking tests all day, I was ready to burn some energy! It was my last day before my pure barre sessions expired, but I really wanted to do some cardio too, so a double workout it was. Both awesome classes! I threw this dinner together in about 10 minutes, and it totally hit the spot.

Couscous topped with sautéed spinach, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, a tuna burger, avocado, and Bragg's Liquid Aminos.

For lunch today, I met a friend at a new restaurant called Taco Mama. It had a really cool, casual vibe and the food was really good too! Even though they had delicious looking things like flounder tacos on the menu, I decided to create my own salad with chicken, black beans, tomatoes, grilled onions, and guacamole. It came with a cilantro lime vinaigrette on the side, but I just used salsa. It was very fresh and filling!

Salsa + guac = best dressing ever.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment