Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Urban Cookhouse Obsession

Hi friends!

I like blogging in list form these days, so here ya go.

A couple of things to note:

1. If you've never roasted sweet potatoes in coconut oil before, you should do that...like ASAP.

Throw in some chicken sausage, sautéed spinach and tomato, and you've got the perfect dinner. It would have been good with quinoa too, but I'm out.

2. While you're sweet potatoes are roasting, you should head over to World Market and pick up some Wild Ophelia chocolate. It's the sister company to Vosges, and it's seriously good stuff. I tried the Peanut Butter & Banana (omg) and Southern Hibiscus Peach. Although I'm typically a dark girl and wouldn't have usually wasted my time on the milk chocolate varieties, I must say this chocolate is life changing.

3. My mom and I go to Urban Cookhouse at least twice a week. Sorry I'm not sorry. Here are some of my recent meals:

Berry Good Wrap with broccoli salad.

Pepper Patch Salad (no cheese, add chicken and avocado).

Veggie Quesadilla (add chicken)

4. There is a new Sweet Frog located like 2 minutes from my apartment. I happened to be driving by, saw the grand opening sign, and immediately pulled off to try it out. It's my new favorite yogurt place!

Cappuccino, dulce de leche, and coconut fro yo topped with mochi, coconut, and dark chocolate chips.

5. Speaking of yogurt, I could eat this every day and never get sick of it.

Vanilla Greek yogurt, 1/2 sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries, 1/2 vegan blueberry muffin from Whole Foods, and 1 T SunButter.

6. I absolutely love my breakfast dates with Laura. This week we tried out Crestline Bagel. I ordered a Power Bagel (multigrain with raisins, dried cranberries, and pecans) and topped it off with Chia Charger (courtesy of Laura)! You know you have a good friend when they bring a jar of nut butter to breakfast for you to try!

Good post-spin class fuel.

Yep. We're the cool people who bring our own nut butter for the table.

7. Here is the one picture I have from the wedding last weekend:

I'm a failure at documenting my life lately.

8. What To Expect When You're Expecting and Snow White and the Huntsman were both really good movies.

9. Here's what my planned workout schedule looks like this week:

Monday: 1 hour kettlebell circuit workout
Tuesday: 30 minutes elliptical + yoga
Wednesday: spinning
Thursday: Pilates
Friday: spinning
Saturday: 30 minutes elliptical + yoga
Sunday: yoga or a walk

Ok have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see both of those movies. I am glad to hear they are good!

    ReplyDelete