Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Weekend

Friday Night:

On Friday night, Will and I went to dinner at Pinches Tacos. We split an order of guacamole and for my main meal, I ordered the Taco Plate- three tacos plus rice and beans. I chose all vegetarian tacos which came on corn tortillas were filled with onions, peppers, mushrooms, slaw, and salsa. Love fresh Mexican food!

 


Later, I met up with Killette and Laura at Billy's for after dinner drinks.

Saturday Morning:

On Saturday morning, Will and I went to the Pepper Place farmer's market. I bought some Honeycrisp apples and a huge bag of kale for only $3!


We spent the rest of the morning antiquing- I didn't buy anything but Will found lots of great stuff for his house!

Lunch:

We ate lunch at V. Richard's, a specialty grocery store with a little café inside. 


They had a lovely patio with outside seating!


I ordered 1/2 of a Chicken Salad Sandwich on Multigrain with 1/2 cup of Tomato Basil Soup. It also came with a side of pasta salad, which ended up being really good.


Will ordered the same thing, except he chose the Smoked Turkey Sandwich on Walnut Raisin.


Afternoon Pick Me Up:

Later in the afternoon, we stopped at this really cute coffee shop in Homewood called Hart & Soul, so I could get a hot green tea before antiquing some more. I chose some kind of tropical green tea blend- I loved it. This looks like a great place to study next semester!



One of the purchases- a magnetic chalkboard for the kitchen!


Dinner:

We ended our day by going to dinner at ORE. I featured this restaurant earlier this summer and am just now making it back!

We started out with the Crawfish Rolls- spicy crawfish tails with black beans, sweet corn, spinach, and creole aioli. They looked like egg rolls which was totally not what I was expecting, but they were really delicious!


I ordered the Grilled Salmon, which came with red pepper couscous, acorn squash, and an apple jalepeno vinaigrette. Will ordered the Catch of the Day, which was Grouper served over grits with broccolini and some kind of crab topping. We decided to split our meals to get to try each fish. Although both were really good, we agreed that the salmon was our favorite. Our meals also came with a side salad, which was a nice surprise.


Acorn squash stuffed with couscous-mmmmm!


Dessert:

The dessert menu was limited and nothing sounded appealing, so we went for frozen yogurt instead. 

Attention Birmingham fro yo lovers: The 32º in Crestline Village serves Only 8 frozen yogurt!!!! For those who don't know, Only 8 has only 8 calories per ounce and contains only 8 all-natural ingredients. #winning. 

I mixed peanut butter, german chocolate cake, and just a little pumpkin pie together and topped it with toasted coconut, granola, and oreos for a delicious combination.


Holiday Festivities:

The rest of the evening's activities included decorating Will's Christmas tree. We definitely got into the decorating zone. Check out those intense faces....



Hope you had a great weekend and start to the holiday season!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Everywhere you ate sounds so good. And also what a beautiful Christmas tree. Ours is up but not yet fully decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,

    Your oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies were amazing! My boyfriend literally ate half the bag in one sitting I couldn't stop him! Thank you so much!!

    XO,
    Erin
    www.erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete