Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Banana Pudding Bliss

The wedding shower was nice last night. It was a Southern themed fish fry, and it was decorated really pretty. I loved all the sunflowers (whenever I get married, there WILL be sunflowers!) My parents helped host the party, so we got to take some home!

Sunflowers always brighten my day!

I mostly just talked and mingled while I was there. I didn't eat anything (seeing as how the menu consisted only of fried chicken, fried fish, french fries, and hushpuppies) and only stayed for about an hour or so.

On the way to the shower

After I left, I met up with Laura and Callie at Baha Burger. We sat outside and enjoyed listening to live music-it was a nice chill, low-key atmosphere. I love that Baha Burger puts a healthy and creative twist on an old classic. They have salmon, lamb, chicken, and turkey burgers on the menu (all of which I've previously had). Last night I ordered the Portabello and Eggplant Veggie Burger on a whole wheat bun with a side of cantaloupe. The burger was also topped with havarti cheese, caramelized vidalia onions, and roasted red peppers. It was delicious but really hard to eat, so I ended up just eating most of it with a fork. Probably not your first date food of choice.


But I think the highlight of my night was:

Whole Foods Banana Pudding
If you think this looks disgusting, think again-one of the best banana puddings I've ever had! There were even chunks of cake in there, which made it even more awesome than it already was! I demolished this in record-breaking time.

Breakfast this morning was two slices of Rudi's 14 grain bread topped with PB & Co Cinnamon Raisin Swirl and a sliced banana.


After eating breakfast, I met up with Callie at the Mt. Laurel Farmer's Market. It was really cute!



I walked away with squash, carrots, peaches, and tomatoes-all of summer's best!

My mom and I were out and about today and ended up having a very spontaneous lunch at ORE, a new restaurant in Crestline opened by former American Idol winner, Taylor Hicks. Let me just say that this is one of the coolest restaurants in Birmingham. It's named after iron ore, because steel is Birmingham's main industry.



The bar looked like it would be hoppin' at night.

They even had a cool lounge area.

This totally made my day when I saw this in the restroom! (I couldn't fit the "y" and "o").

Everything on the menu looked good, but when I saw crab and avocado in the same sentence, I knew I had to get the ORE Crab Salad. It was to die for


My mom got the Chicken Cobb Sandwich, and she said it was one of the best lunches of her life. I tried a few of her homemade chips, and they were pretty darn good.

On top of the cool decor and delectable food, we had excellent service! Our waiter was so nice and let me keep a copy of the brunch, lunch, and dinner menu. Two noteworthy dinner entrees include Grilled Salmon with sugar snap pea succotash and spinach and a Vegetable Plate. I will definitely be back in the near future!

Off to go do things. Have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I just had Peanut Butter & Co. a couple of weeks ago at a friend's house...I've been missing out! It's so good--especially white chocolate wonderful:)

    You looked so pretty for the shower!

    ReplyDelete