Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Simple Things

Hey guys! 

Sorry, I haven't been posting as much lately. It's been a busy couple of days, and I haven't been able to document all of my meals. I had planned on posting last night, but I had some internet connection difficulties.

Even though I don't have pictures of everything from the past couple of days, here are a few pretty ordinary things that have made me really happy lately:

Overnight Oats in a Jar

No worries-I managed to polish off the rest of the nut butter jar, so I could have OIAJ for breakfast!
1/3 C oats, 1/3 C 0% Greek yogurt, 1/3 C unsweetened almond milk, 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 mashed banana, blueberries

Chipotle's guacamole + fajita veggies

Chipotle has my heart. 
Chicken salad with black beans, fajita veggies, pico, corn, and guac. 

I got so excited that I even tweeted about it!

Finding a 4 year old dress in your closet (worn in high school) that's still cute and fits!

I'm on the far right in the blue.
I wore this to a wedding on Saturday. It was a really pretty wedding on a lake, and I loved being able to catch up with all my undergrad nutrition classmates!

Wedding cake!

Does it really get any better than buttercream icing?

Leftover Pizza

Leftover pizza makes pretty much the best leftovers ever. I made two of Gracie's Whole Wheat Fig and Gorgonzola Pizzas the other night to serve just that purpose + used up the last of my leftover veggies!

Chocolate Pizza

Chocolate pizza=awesome. 
My parents brought this home from their trip to Canada yesterday! It's filled with almonds, caramel, marshmallows, rice cereal, and lots of other good stuff!

Breakfast repeats (because they're just that good)

Stonyfield yogurt, Barbara's Shredded Oats, French Toast Squares, 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, TJ's Valencia PB with flaxseed


Bread + olive oil


I went to dinner at Carrabba's with my family for Father's Day. I ordered the grilled salmon with a side of zucchini. They were both really good and flavorful-I think Carrabba's is one of the better chain restaurants.

PB&J Oats

Classic combo for breakfast? I think yes! 
0% Fage, 1/3 C oats, 1/2 sliced banana, TJ's Valencia PB, and Crofter's Raspberry Spread

Using up Farmer's Market vegetables

Greek chicken with corn, green beans, and potatoes from the Farmer's Market. YUM!

Catching up with old friends over ice cream

This is a recycled pic, but it works!


It's all about the simple things in life, right? 




No comments:

Post a Comment