Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lately I've Been...

Making scrumptious new breakfast recipes....

I made a modified version (I omitted coconut oil. Instead, I used more unsweetened almond milk and mashed banana. I also added cinnamon, truvia, vanilla, and coconut.) of Katie's Baked Banana Oatmeal ("Boatmeal") topped with PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful and the rest of my banana. Everyone go make this now-it's that good!

Eating things that only I would find appetizing....

Flat Out Multigrain Wrap spread with homemade hummus and topped with a Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burger, cucumbers, avocado, and goat cheese. I promise it was good once it was rolled into a wrap!

Eating my entire body weight in watermelon (and other fruit)....




Getting my Omega-3's...

Dinner at Taziki's Greek Fare with Laura, my other friend named Laura, and Callie.

And my antioxidants...

Good but not as good as Almonds & Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate.

Missing Italy...

Overlooking the city of Verona

The Blue Grotto in Capri. I look so young in this picture!

And all of its delicious food...

The first (and best) gnocchi I ever tried at a restaurant in Positano.

Dessert on my last night. Some kind of custard/flan with raspberry sauce.

Sadly, the only two food pics I took in Italy. Wish I had a blog back then!

Rooting for JP....

Cutie pie.

And being seriously appalled by Bentley...

Jerk.

Trying a new cereal....

Arrowhead Mills French Toast Squares with skim milk, sliced banana, and blueberries

Continuing to feed my Whole Foods addiction...

Salad bar featuring curried wheatberry salad, Italian style mushrooms and peppers, honey glazed carrots, corn salad, black eyed peas, cucumber salad, egg salad, and Chinese style chicken salad

Visiting my brother in Auburn and eating one of the top 100 dishes in Alabama....

Crab Cake and Avocado Sandwich with homemade sweet potato chips from Amsterdam Cafe

Dipping vanilla almond biscotti in French pressed coffee....

From Gnu's Room in Auburn

Going to see The Adjustment Bureau at the dollar theater with my high school friends...


Trusting in these verses....


"Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? 
Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you—you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. 
Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."


-Luke 12:22-34

1 comment:

  1. Love this whole post!! And I don't think your wrap looks bad at all. That's pretty much what I've been eating every day for lunch- whatever's in the fridge on a wrap. Aren't the Flat Out wraps good?!

    ReplyDelete