Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Breakfast Love

Good morning from Panera! It's where I've been spending most of my time these days...

Check out those awesome color coded flash cards.

I've been eating some awesome breakfasts lately too:

Prepared with 1/2 C water and 1/2 C almond milk. Toppings included Love Grown Foods Apple Walnut Delight granola and TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter. To be honest, cottage cheese has always kinda freaked me out, so I was a little apprehensive when the recipe called for it. I was pleasantly surprised, and I actually really liked the consistency it gave the oatmeal!

Loaded Greek Yogurt Bowl, consisting of Super Fruits Oikos, 1/3 C oats, a handful of Arrowhead Mills French Toast Squares, cherries, 1/2 sliced banana, sunflower seeds, and TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter.

Chocolate Coconut Banana Oatmeal
1/2 C oats prepared with 1 C water topped with 1/2 sliced banana, slivered almonds, coconut, Love Grown Foods Cocoa Goodness granola, Artisana Coconut Butter, and Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter.

See why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day?!

My brother came home from Auburn for the weekend, and we had a small Mexican fiesta at Cantina last night. My brother is pretty much a regular, but I had only been once before (and it was a few years ago), so I was eager to try it again.


I'm not usually a huge fan of queso dip (I'd rather have guacamole), but this stuff is worth mentioning! It was a little spicy (in a good way)-I think it had chorizo or something in it.

I got one chicken taco.

And one fish taco.

Overall, I was really impressed. The restaurant had a great atmosphere, fresh food, and an interesting menu (They have a shrimp quesadilla with black beans, corn, and roasted peppers that's calling my name). It's also really close to my house, so I'll be back for sure!

After dinner, we watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Probably not your typical Friday movie, but my brother had been wanting to watch it ever since taking psychology last semester.


I understood the main plot line and everything, but I had to google it after the movie was over-not gonna lie. There was a lot of symbolism that I definitely didn't pick up on.

Back to studying-have a great Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. We will have to go try Cantina! That quesadilla sounds good:)

    ReplyDelete