Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Adventurous Eating

Hello everyone-I've had such an amazing time in Atlanta over the past 2 days!

Here are some highlights:

Dinner at Baraonda. Loved the decor in this restaurant-I felt like I was in a wine cellar! 

I started off with a glass of Chardonnay. I usually consider myself more of a "red girl", but there's just something so refreshing about a light, crisp white in the summertime.

After glancing over the menu, I embraced my inner foodie and chose the Fusili Zucca, which came with butternut squash, mozzarella, mascarpone, amaretti, and sage. Butternut squash? Sold. I could've easily gone with the whole wheat penne with vegetables, but wanted to try something really unusual that I don't eat on a regular basis.

It was heavenly. MA ordered the same thing and we were both like drooling in our food. Somehow this always happens when we get together.

To continue our indulgent night, we split the Molten Turtle Cake. It was filled with salted caramel and pecans and dusted with powdered sugar. The caramel perfectly balanced out the chocolate flavor.

Mumford & Sons was AMAZING! My obsession may have reached an all-time high. We might have been so star-struck that we asked the concierge if they were staying at our hotel, proceeded to walk around the block looking for the tour bus, and gone up to the penthouse level awaiting a band member to leave his room for ice. Or maybe that was a completely theoretical scenario. 

My favorite songs were Sigh No More, White Blank Page, Timshel, Little Lion Man, and The Cave. They also played a few new songs that they said were still a work in progress. Once they finish their tour in the US, they're recording a new album!

Pictures to come once I steal them off MA's camera!

After the concert, we walked next door to the Publik House, where some great life conversations were had.

I ordered a Bell's Oberon, a nice summery wheat beer.

Brunch at Rise n Dine, an adorable breakfast spot in Emory Village. I'm in love!

MA ordered a side of bananas + whipped cream, which I happily helped eat! To die for. This would make a really easy dessert to eat at home subbed out with some low fat cool whip.

I ordered the Pangea, which was grilled roti (an Indian flatbread) topped with scrambled eggs, tomato sauce, hummus, feta, and cucumber salad. YUM! The waitress said it was her favorite menu item (along with the rest of the staff), and if I was an adventurous eater at all, then I should definitely try it. Once again, I could've easily gone with the standard veggie omelette, but I'm happy I tried something new!

I also had to order a side of Sage Quinoa Grits, because where in the world would I ever be able to find something like that again? Love unique foods like that. They were really savory and almost could go really well as a grain in a dinner entree served with fish.

After running around Atlanta all day and dropping off our resumés at different places (Whole Foods headquarters for MA, a hospital in Buckhead for me; it's kinda surreal-I feel like such a grown up!), we stopped for an afternoon energy burst at Robek's. I ordered the Hummingbird smoothie, which came with guava juice, banana, strawberries, mango, and low fat vanilla yogurt (I subbed this for the sherbet it originally came with). Totally hit the spot!



We're resting up right now (I'm exhausted) before we go to dinner at a French restaurant with some of MA's family friends who are nice enough to let us crash at their adorable condo and entertain us for the evening.

I'm sad I'm missing the Bachelorette, but I've gotta live it up in Hotlanta! And there's always DVR.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment