Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Just Call me Popeye

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

The majority of my weekend has been spent:

-Studying at Panera. I think the employees know me by now. I sit in the same spot every time flipping my rainbow-colored flash cards, and I only order coffee.

Nutrition Fact of the Day: a beard restraint is referred to as a snood (that little gem of information came from the foodservice portion of my study material). Yeah, I'm not sure why I would ever need to know that, but I'll just add it to my memory bank of random useless knowledge.

-Going on long walks around my neighborhood. It's too hot to run, and I haven't felt like going to the gym, so 6 mile walks=perfect solution.

-Attending wedding showers. I went to two this weekend, and I have many many more wedding festivities this summer.

-Thinking about packing for my trip to Europe (My mom started packing like 3 weeks ago). I know I should start packing, but I would just rather wait until the last minute. What if I need something I already packed?

Recent Eats:

Barbara's Shredded Oats, French Toast Squares, skim milk, sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries.


My mom's spinach, mushroom, and shallot quiche.


Spinach salad with strawberries, blueberries, chopped fig, walnuts, balsamic vinegar, and EVOO.


Green Monster in a bowl + Kashi GoLean.


That's a lot of spinach consumed right there. When I received the usual odd look and eye roll from my parents as I was eating my Green Monster this morning, I tried to convince them that all of those nutrients are going to make me strong like Popeye.


Popeye is a man after my own heart-he knew that spinach would give him superhuman strength!

Chicken Salad + Greens plate from Bella Cucina. It comes with a side of lemon vinaigrette and yummy crackers.

The peas are my favorite part of the salad!

Trader Joe's Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels-the prefect way to satisfy a salty craving!


I had a baked potato with baked beans on top at a wedding shower the other night. I <3 baked beans! It was a great combination and made for a hearty and filling meatless meal. Can't believe I've never done that before!


Hummus + half pita chips half pita bread.


Taziki's Mediterranean Salad with grilled tilapia.


I'm going to Laura's house for dinner tonight and Callie's coming too. Later gators!

Oh, and I'm 22 tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment