Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Old Town Nice

I just got back from a fun day of sightseeing in Nice. We started our day by walking to the top of Colline Du Chàteau (this is where the Citadel used to be) and then finished up by leisurely walking around Old Town Nice. It's beautiful here, and it actually reminds me more of Italy than France with the big open squares, the fountains, and cuisine consisting mostly of pizza, pasta, and gelato. However, I fully intend on eating a Nicoise salad tomorrow! I took a lot more pictures than this today, but this should give you a good overview of my day:

Found my croissant and banana for breakfast!

There's no such thing as straight hair in Europe.






Tom's=my new best friend.


Let me just say that it's really hot in Nice. The waterfall gave off a nice misty breeze that felt amazing!

Naturally, an afternoon gelato break was had.

I can't remember the exact name, but it was basically vanilla gelato with almonds. Very refreshing!









We went back to Villa D'Este for dinner. We looked at other restaurants and really wanted to try them, but we just weren't sure anything could live up to the service and food we had last night. We did decide to switch it up a bit and order different entrées.

We got here early enough to beat the crowd and score the outdoor seating!


 
My dad ordered the Pizza Caprese.

Of which I had a small slice.

And my mom got the Lasagne al Forno.

I ordered the Spaghetti aux Fruits De Mar, which came with mussels, clams, shrimp, and octopus. I loved it!

I'm getting ready for bed now, because tomorrow we have a full day and guided tour going to Monaco, Cannes, and Antibbes!

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. I love ALL your pictures! It looks like ya'll are having an amzing time!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, looking at your pictures made so many memories come flooding back in!!! I ordered the same seafood pasta thing you did on several occasions. It takes more work than normal pasta between having to peel the shrimp and get the mussels out of the shells!

    And your Tom's!! Those are the same ones I have and actually I bought a second pair of the burlap ones today, because my old pair were too stretched out! Aren't they the best? Continuing our theme of similar taste (same purse from TB, same candle, same Tom's... haha)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!! It takes a while for SOME of us 'oldies' to catch on to the blogging thing you know, but what an AMAZING way to not only catalog your excursions but for your friends to enjoy seeing you as well (and your Mom & Dad)! Love it, Kristen! Beautiful scenery and the food looks divine! Love the tiny cup @ the Cafe Americano, the Lavender Bunches and the Sunflowers!!! It is hot, hot, hot here in B'ham & I just took Flirtie for a long walk into the Village & Back. Will be checking back to see your exquisite pics!!! Love to all XOB =)

    ReplyDelete