Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two Things...

you should know about!

Exhibit A: 
Ever since posting about the gnocchi I had in Italy yesterday, I've had a major craving for it! Luckily, I had a package of whole wheat gnocchi (it's made with sweet potatoes!) in the pantry that I've been meaning to use, and I've been eyeing Gracie's Portabello & Sundried Tomato Gnocchi recipe for awhile. Anything with portabello mushrooms, spinach, and sundried tomatoes sounds like a good idea to me! It was super easy to make, and will definitely be a go-to meal for me when I'm living on my own. My family approved too-no leftovers for once!


Served up with a side of steamed veggies for a quick yet totally satisfying meal. Oh, and about the goat cheese sprinkled on top? I just couldn't help myself. It was delicious.


Exhibit B: 
Per usual, I was craving something sweet but wasn't really in the mood to bake and wanted a deviation from the usual dark chocolate or frozen yogurt. This is where Tina's No Bake Granola Almond Butter Balls entered in. I slightly modified it by using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose and adding butterscotch chips. In case you were wondering, I used Love Grown Foods Cocoa Goodness granola and Barney Butter. I loved everything about this recipe. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand, and it took about 5 minutes to throw together. It was the best combination of textures and flavors, and the refrigeration gave it just the right consistency. I mean, with oats, chocolate granola, almond butter, and butterscotch chips-how could you really go wrong?

Try to stop yourself at just one.


Go make both of these recipes now-you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment