Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Roadtrip

Well, I just ate breakfast and am off the meet Mary Alice in Montgomery, and then make our way to the ATL!

I was completely out of oats this morning (the horror!), but didn't want to go to the grocery store yesterday, since I'll be out of town this weekend. I decided to make a Green Monster with a banana, 2 C spinach, a few strawberries, 1 T almond butter, 3 T Greek yogurt, 1 T chia seeds, 1 C unsweetened almond milk, and a few ice cubes. 

Eaten out of a bowl and topped with granola + coconut. Best one I've made yet!

I made a pretty epic playlist for the road trip, if I do say so myself.


Tonight we're eating dinner at Baraonda, an Italian pizzeria close to Fox Theater, (Baraonda translates to "hubbub" or chaos in English. Yes, I'm a nerd and looked that up in my Italian dictionary.) and then going to the Mumford & Sons concert. I couldn't be more excited!


We're staying for a couple of days to go job hunting as well! I'll try to blog when I can, but I'm not making any promises.

But before I go, I'll leave you with some recent eats:

My own little lunch creation: Flat Out Multigrain wrap spread with pesto, melted provolone, bbq chicken, spinach, and tomato. Carrots and bell pepper slices on the side.

If you have half a banana lying around and don't know what to do with it, spread it with the nut butter of your choice and coat with butterscotch chips (chocolate chips work too) for a portion-controlled way to satisfy your sweet tooth!

Sometimes I eat boring salads, like this Waldorf Chicken Salad from Edgar's Bakery. I mean, it didn't taste bad, but it didn't knock my socks off or anything either. I did like the apples though-they were my favorite part of the salad.

Taziki's Pasta Special. Yes, I do eat there a lot. It's one of the (very) few convenient, quick, casual, cheap, fresh, and healthy places to eat around where I live.

Cherries (and butterscotch chips) are my latest obsession. I probably ate half of the bag yesterday. Can't believe I used to not like them-yay for changing taste buds!

Have a great day!

"Where you invest your love, you invest your life."
-Mumsy


1 comment: