Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday Pancakes

So, all I really wanted for my 22nd birthday was pancakes.

I really had my heart set on the oatmeal pancakes from Over Easy, so we drove all the way there only to find that they're closed on Mondays. We ended up downtown for the next best thing, The Original Pancake House.


Mmmm. Buckwheat pancakes!

I've been using my dad's Garmin, and I finally got my very own today. I would be "lost" without it! No pun intended.

I ran errands the rest of the day, tied up a few loose ends, and finally started packing. I wasn't really hungry for lunch, so I just ate some Greek yogurt and a pear with sunflower seed butter. 

I picked up sushi from Whole Foods for dinner to eat while watching the Bachelorette. I'm the only one in my family who likes it, so of course that's what I wanted for my birthday dinner/last American meal before I leave for France and England.

I went with the Brown Rice Shrimp California Roll + a little edamame succotash that I snagged off the salad bar. Perfect!


And, what's a birthday without cake and ice cream? 

We got a small black and white cake from Whole Foods, since we'll be going out of town and didn't want any leftovers. Don't worry-we somehow managed to finish it off. I had never had cake from Whole Foods before and per usual, they didn't let me down. It was beyond delish!


You can tell I put so much effort into my appearance today.


Paired with Mint Chocolate Chip

Summer birthdays are hard, because everyone's schedules are so different. I don't have any incredibly exciting birthday plans for tonight beyond watching the Bachelorette and finishing up packing. Can't really say I'm complaining though, considering I'm leaving for Nice, France tomorrow. It's been raining cats and dogs all day, so I'm kinda feeling a low key night at home anyway. I'll just have to plan something fun when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. Aww I would totally be watching the Bachelorette with you for your birthday if I lived anywhere near you!! And I'm just slightly jealous of your trip... This is the first summer in three years that I won't be in Europe at all. I'm pretty depressed. But have a GREAT time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!! I am sorry the other night did not work out, but when you get back, we will totally make up for it!:)

    ReplyDelete