Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Is Upon Us

Happy December! So happy it's officially Christmas season!

Look how festive my apartment is....

Confession: We've had up our tree ever since we moved in. Just trying to make the Christmas cheer last longer!

Our table is so pretty!

Sorry it's been awhile. I've had a busy week with work trainings, advising/grad school stuff, and everything else going on. I've officially registered for all of my classes- I'm taking Epidemiology, Health Communications, and a research/statistics class starting in January. So excited everything is starting to come together!

Here's some food from the week...

Breakfasts:

Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal.
1/2 C oats, water, skim milk, 1/2 chopped apple, dried cranberries, cinnamon, 1 T Jif Natural PB, 1 T Pumpkin Butter.

Overnight Oats in a SunButter Jar.
1/3 C oats, 1/3 C skim milk, 1/3 C Greek yogurt, 1 T ground flax, sliced banana, cinnamon, and SunButter residue.

Vanilla Greek yogurt, Cinnamon Oatmeal Squares, sliced banana, 1 T SunButter, 1 T Fig Butter.

Lunches:

Sweet Potato (cooked in microwave) and spinach salad with carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, dried cranberries, almonds, and WF No Oil Balsamic Dressing.

Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin spread with pesto and topped with sautéed spinach, cherry tomatoes, and scrambled eggs with more pesto. Savory and so satisfying.

Whole Wheat Sandwich thin spread with Jif Natural PB and Pumpkin Butter with carrots and apple sliced on the side.

Chicken Salad and Fruit Plate from Urban Cookhouse. The little mini orange rolls are soooo good!

Dinners:

Whole Wheat Rotini with tomato sauce, sautéed mushrooms, and melted part-skim mozzarella.

Last night, Will and I cooked dinner. We're trying to make it a weekly tradition. We also planned to watch Modern Family and Revenge but both shows were re-runs! We watched You've Got Mail on TV instead- one of my all-time favorites! I just love Meg Ryan movies.

On the Menu: WF Local Pork Chop Loin stuffed with spinach and feta, whole wheat couscous, and steamed asparagus. I'm working on creating more "guy friendly" meals.

For dessert, two mini apple pies and two pumpkin crumblettes (kind of like streusel) from WF as well. There was another mini apple pie but Will ate it before I could take a picture. Both really good, and I love the small portion size!

In other dessert news, I received my first batch of cookies from the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! They are these delicious shortbread cookies with brown butter, maple, cranberries, and white chocolate and they are absolutely amazing. Thanks, Georgie!

I ate one of the cookies with coffee ice cream as I watched the Victoria's Secret Fashion show. Oops. They were just that good.

I've finally decided which recipe I'm going to make for the swap- it's on the agenda for Saturday.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

1 comment: