Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Iron Bowl Saturday

Last Night's Dinner:

I had a baked sweet potato, squash casserole, green beans, and just a bite of filet with sautéed mushrooms. 

I don't eat red meat that often (and I generally prefer veggies/side dishes to meat), so I didn't want a whole lot of it. I do enjoy the taste though, so it was the perfect portion for me- it was delicious!

My mom's squash casserole is the best- the one Thanksgiving dish we had to make! My dad and brother both claimed they hated squash casserole, but by the time dinner was over, they had both gone back for thirds!


We also had birthday cake for dessert- Edgar's strawberry cake with vanilla ice cream.


Breakfast:

I had a bowl of Oatmeal Squares with skim milk, sliced banana, and blueberries.


Lunch:

In honor of my brother's birthday, we made reservations at SpringHouse for lunch.


I ordered a cup of the Curried Butternut Squash Soup and the Oakview Farms Lettuce- apples, pomegranate, ricotta salata, walnuts, and honey sherry vinaigrette. The soup was soooo good!



I just love these dishes- they're by Earthborn Pottery, and I'm asking for some plates/bowls for Christmas!

After lunch, my dad and I went on a walk. Isn't the lake gorgeous?

My mom nicknamed this area "The Grassy Knoll."

We made it back just in time for the Iron Bowl. While I was watching the game, Angel hopped up on the couch and crawled into my lap. She is not a small dog, but I enjoyed the company!



Roll Tide- what a great win!

Dinner:

Chicken parmesan, broccoli and rice casserole (the other casserole we had to make), and steamed asparagus.


Yum- lake dinners are the best! Had some more strawberry cake for dessert (delicious but feel like I need to detox next week). 

Hope you have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I was at a friend's engagement party at their lake house near Memphis last night, but several of the people there were from Birmingham, so we had the game on in another room! I was pulling for Alabama!

    ReplyDelete