Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cookie Swap

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween! Can't believe it's already November- crazy how fast time flies by!

The weather is beautiful, so I've really been trying to get back into a running schedule. I want to run a half marathon at the beginning of next year- Mercedes, Disney, Seaside- I haven't decided which one yet. Today I ran 5 miles- I'm slowly starting to increase my mileage. My pace is definitely not as fast as it used to be, but it feels good to get back in the swing of things.

I love running at my new favorite place, Jemison Park- but to be honest, I really don't like running by myself. I miss running with Mary Alice, the best training partner ever! Seriously, I had some of the best conversations and some of my favorite memories of college were during our long runs around UA's campus. It's just more enjoyable when you're running with someone else. I'm trying to like the whole running by yourself thing more though- I guess it's good "me time".

Meals Eaten in my New Apartment:

Scrambled eggs with cheddar and salsa and sautéed spinach, mushrooms, and bell peppers.

1/2 C oats prepped with water and 2 spoonfuls of Stonyfield 0% French Vanilla yogurt. I really like the texture/consistency yogurt gives to oats-try it out! Toppings included ground flax, sliced banana, Hail Merry Cranberry Orange Grawnola, and 1 T SmartBalance Crunchy PB.

Chicken Salad Salad- spinach, carrots, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, Whole Foods chicken salad, and Zoe's Greek dressing.

Kashi Mayan Harvest Bake Frozen Dinner- plantains, black beans, sweet potato, kale, Kashi 7 whole grain amaranth and polenta, and spicy adobo sauce. It was pretty tasty but didn't keep me full for long!

Toast spread with Smart Balance Crunchy PB and Sunbutter and a sliced banana.

Dr. Praeger's California Burger on a spelt tortilla with melted cheese, peppers, and salsa. Apple slices on the side.

In other news, I read about the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2011 on Brittany's blog and signed up today. 


Basically, you get matched up with 3 other bloggers- you ship them a dozen homemade cookies and you get homemade cookies in return. Sounds like a win-win situation to me. Such a fun way to meet other bloggers, and of course, eat lots of cookies!

Interested? Sign up here.

Have a great day!

1 comment: