Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Biggest Game of the Year

Hope you're having a great weekend! Just thought I would give you a quick update of the rest of my week:

Meals Eaten Out:

On Tuesday night, I went to Bottega Cafe. I ordered the fish of the day, which was redfish. I'd never had redfish before and really ordered it just to get the sides, farro and autumn vegetables. The whole meal ended up being amazingly good!

My perfect meal- fish, whole grains, veggies.

And of course, I had to have room to split dessert. I've been going crazy with pumpkin desserts lately, but I'm kind of ok with that.

Pumpkin Cheesecake with gingersnap-pecan crust! Perfection.

Last night, Laura and I went to dinner at a new restaurant, Ollie Irene. The restaurant had a really cool atmosphere and all ingredients are locally sourced!

To start, we shared the Crostini- pickled cherry tomatoes, whipped herb ricotta, and olive tapenade. 

Loved the herb ricotta!

For my main course, I chose the Ricotta Gnocchi- Cullman sweet potatoes, Virginia ham, pumpkin seeds, fried sage, brown butter, and grana padano. It was delicious!

Gnocchi, sweet potatoes, pumpkin seeds- these three foods in combination make my heart happy.

Meals Eaten at Home:

Whole Foods Lentil Soup (LOVED this soup and the nutrition facts!!) and spinach salad with carrots, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and Whole Foods No Oil Balsamic Vinaigrette.


Scrambled eggs with sautéed mushrooms and peppers, cheddar cheese, and salsa.

Stonyfield 0% Vanilla yogurt with frozen blueberries and cashews.

Other great parts of my week:

This "You Are Beautiful" grafitti makes me happy every time I drive by.

Morning walk through Jemison Park with my friend, Killette.

Girl's time (talking, wine, bruschetta, and pita chips with hummus) around the outside fire. Such a fun night!

Headed to Tuscaloosa in a few hours with Will for the Alabama-LSU game- it's going to be crazy! Happy Saturday and Roll Tide!

No comments:

Post a Comment