Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Repetitive

Can't believe the week is halfway over!

Despite the disappointing loss on Saturday, I still had a great time at the game!

Will and I in front of the Alpha Chi house.

Since living on my own, my meals have gotten a lot more repetitive. I eat the same foods over and over, but I'm doing my best to make them as healthy and creative as possible. I'm buying a lot more frozen fruits and veggies (still as nutritionally adequate-they're frozen at peak freshness!!), and I can't frequent Whole Foods/Fresh Market quite as much as I used to, but I'm making it work. 

Yogurt/Cereal Creations:

Raspberry Chobani Greek yogurt, Oatmeal Squares, sliced banana, frozen blueberries, almond butter.

Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon, skim milk, sliced banana, frozen blueberries, and walnuts for some Omega-3 action.

Strawberry Chobani Greek yogurt, 1/3 C oats, 1/2 sliced banana, frozen strawberries, Love Grown Foods Raisin Almond Crunch granola, 1 T almond butter.

Scrambled Eggs + Veggies:

Scrambled eggs are so easy and filling. I eat them a lot.

Obviously.

Veggie Bowl MIxtures:

 Sautéed spinach, roasted sweet potatoes, onions, and Brussels spouts, chicken sausage, and BBQ sauce all mixed together. Amazingness.

Spinach Salads:

Spinach salad topped with leftover sweet potatoes, Brussels, and onions, goat cheese, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, a Dr. Praeger's California Burger, and Whole Foods No Oil Balsamic Dressing. Soooo freaking good.

I've also been eating lots of apples, KIND bars, and dark chocolate but haven't been taking the time to photograph them.

I did meet a friend for lunch one day this week at Edgar's. I ordered the Chicken Avocado Wrap with fruit and slaw.


Just for fun:

So maybe it's the nutrition nerd in me, but how adorable are these veggie ornaments from Anthropologie? 

Yes, nothing spreads Christmas cheer like artichokes, figs, and onions hanging from your tree.

LOVE.

So much to look forward to: 

1) My dresser is finally getting here tomorrow, which means my room will finally be organized, and I can show you pictures!

2) I'm going to Atlanta this weekend and Will is coming too! I always have so much fun on my trips to the ATL- can't wait to visit MA and Callie, and of course, stock up on Trader Joe's almond butter!

3) Have some exciting news to share next week!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Brittany's blog, Life of a Bama Girl.

    Those veggie ornaments are the cutest thing ever!! The carrots are adorable! It makes me want to put a little mini tree in my kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornaments are way too cute! Safe travels and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear the exciting news! Your salad with the goat cheese and cranberries sounds so good! I want to copy it. Have fun in Atlanta- does that mean I'm going to miss you when I visit Birmingham?

    ReplyDelete