Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Back to Running

Happy Friday- so glad it's finally the weekend!

I've been thinking about registering for a spring half marathon for the past month or so. Today I went ahead and signed up for the Country Music Half Marathon! I ran it last year and had a great time. I've been slowly getting back into running after taking a little hiatus and have been dying to get back to Nashville, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity. I'm still looking for a training partner though. Any takers?

Food:

Dinner packed for class-half of a Kashi Margherita pizza with broccoli slaw. Class doesn't get over until 9, so packing a dinner is a must!

Lunch the next day- the other half with spinach salad, tomatoes, and Whole Foods No Oil Balsamic.

Scrambled eggs with spinach + goat cheese and roasted sweet potatoes + butternut squash on the side (my healthy version of hash browns). Amazing. So much good stuff in this meal!

Overnight Oats- always a delicious breakfast choice.

This was on sale at Target this week, so I decided to give it a try. With 10 g protein and 9 g fiber, it's definitely a winner!

I used it to make trail mix along with some almonds and raisins.

Going to dinner at Rojo later tonight. Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting news about the upcoming race! I love having something to train for. It's fun to have an actual reason to run a certain length. Can't wait to see your post from Nashville!

    ReplyDelete