Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The After Party + The Rest of my Weekend

After dinner on Saturday night, we headed to the after party at Good People Brewery, where they had all kinds of flashy signs welcoming us to the event.




We were greeted at the door and given these adorable little beer glasses to take home as a souvenir.

I think this was a Coffee Oatmeal Stout.

They had several different tables set up with different cheeses/appetizers to pair with different beers throughout the night. You could just take your glass up to the bar, ask for your choice of beer, and then go to the table whose cheese selection was paired with that beer.






At this point in the night, I was pretty full, so I didn't eat or drink much- just a few sips and nibbles here and there. We ended up calling it a pretty early night because Brittany had to drive back to Tuscaloosa, and we were both exhausted.

I was so tired that I slept in on Sunday and did essentially nothing all morning. Apparently, eating and sitting down all day wears me out.

I was productive the latter half of the day though- I cleaned, went to yoga, went on a 3 mile run with Will, ate at Whole Foods for dinner, and worked on homework the rest of the night.

Sunday Eats:

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, skim milk, banana, raspberries, blueberries, Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan granola.

Scrambled eggs with sautéed portabello mushrooms and spinach, avocado, and goat cheese on a Multigrain Flatout wrap. I also had an apple.

Fajita beef with onion and peppers, sage stuffing, grilled green beans, corn salad, sautéed kale, broccoli pomodoro with sun dried tomatoes. Yum!

When we were leaving Whole Foods, we naturally decided that we wanted cookies. The guy just so happened to be taking away the old cookies and putting out new cookies. He told us we could have the broken cookies for free! I had a PB Chocolate Chip cookie, and it was delicious as always!

Yesterday, it was my parents' 30th anniversary- my dad is out of town, so I met my mom for lunch at Bottega Cafe after class. 

I ordered the Nicoise salad. It was filled with all kinds of healthy stuff, like greens, medium rare tuna, hardboiled egg, chickpeas, roasted peppers, roasted white potatoes and sweet potatoes, radishes, and olives (which I avoided).


For dinner last night, I tried Whole Foods Vegan Three-Bean Adobe Chili that I bought the other day. It was super filling and had just the right amount of kick without being overly spicy. I'm such a fan of WF homemade soups- I love that the sodium content isn't through the roof!

Perfect with whole grain toast.

I just got back from spin class a little while ago and ate my overnight oats while I was writing this post. I'm always sad when I take the last bite :(

Love Grown Foods granola is one of the best things on earth.

I guess you're all caught up now- hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment