Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Pantry

This must be my week of trying new restaurants! 

Today after class, I met my mom for lunch at The Pantry, a new restaurant that has exciting words like hemp seeds, daikon, and kohlrabi on the menu. I'm so excited that Birmingham is stepping up its game in the healthy restaurants department!



I ordered an iced tea sweetened with Stevia to drink.

The owner made us salads with all kinds of different greens, a shot of lentil soup, tomato basil crackers, and lavender shallot vinaigrette. It's amazing how something soooo simple can taste so delicious. Freshness makes a difference, people!

She was going to add quinoa to the salad too but she forgot, so she brought it out to us later to add to our salads.

We also got to sample some goat cheese ice cream! I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of my deep affinity for goat cheese and ice cream, so of course, I thought it tasted phenomenal.

Here is my weekly workout plan:

Monday: 4 mile run (complete)
Tuesday: spin class + arm weights (complete)
Wednesday: vinyasa flow yoga (complete)
Thursday: spin class + arm weights + an evening yoga class...maybe
Friday: yoga + 30 mins cardio
Saturday: off
Sunday: yoga + 3 mile run (maybe?)

Official half marathon training starts in 2 weeks!

Here are some other meals I've eaten this week:


Wild Alaskan Salmon Burger on a whole-wheat sandwich thin with sautéed spinach, portabellos, and goat cheese.

Overnight Oats + Coffee. 
In the mix: 1/3 C oats. 1/3 C skim milk, 1/ 3 C Stonyfield Nonfat Vanilla yogurt, 1 T ground flax, 1 T crunchy PB, sliced banana, blueberries, strawberries. I wanted to add granola on top but I don't have any, so I added some Kashi Cinnamon Crumble for some crunch.

Two eggs sunny side up (why do they always turn out so ugly?) on a whole-wheat sandwich thin with Crofter's Strawberry Spread and roasted sweet potato round and Brussels on the side.

Dinner packed for class- brown rice, black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, sunflower seeds, bbq sauce. 

Post class snack- Stonyfield 0% Vanilla yogurt, blueberries, slivered almonds, chocolate chunks.

Just got back from a 3.5 hour stats class and am about to fall into bed. Hope you have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment