Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Nabeel's

Good Weekend Eats:

On Friday night, Will and I went to a new Mexican restaurant called Frio En La Paz for dinner.

Texas-Style Margarita. I'm usually not a big fan of the margs, but this was really good and not too strong.

Baja Fish Tacos (grilled whitefish, honey cilantro lime slaw, chipotle tartar, avocado, and mango pico) with Roasted Street Corn on the Cob. I was very impressed with how fresh the ingredients were and loved how colorful my plate was! This is the kind of Mexican food I love- not the greasy, fried stuff.

 Greek Chicken Pita with fruit. I could eat at Zoe's every day.

On Monday, I had the day off, so I went to lunch with my parents at Nabeel's- a super authentic Greek restaurant.


Don't you feel like you're in Greece?

We started out with some pita bread and hummus.

I went with the Sautéed Shrimp Special.

Greek Peasant Salad- cucumbers, tomatoes, feta, and olives.

Seafood is just so good.

Some other food:

Spinach salad with tomatoes, avocado, butternut squash, hardboiled eggs, raisins, and walnuts. It doesn't look pretty but it was good!

Wild Alaskan Salmon Burger with whole wheat pasta and broccoli slaw. Bought these salmon burgers at Sam's this weekend and really like them a lot!

Scrambled eggs, spinach, tomatoes, pesto, and goat cheese on a Multigrain flatout wrap.

Since December, I've been scheduling my weekly workouts in advance and writing them in my planner. I've found this is the most effective way for me to get my workouts done. It's a good habit that's carried over into the new year!

Here's the projected schedule for this week....

Workout Schedule:

Monday: Grand Jeté barre class (got a Groupon for 5 of these classes!) + 4 mile run with Laura (complete)
Tuesday: spin class + weights (complete)
Wednesday: off
Thursday: spin class + weights
Friday: yoga + 30 mins arc trainer
Saturday: 3 mile run + weights? This one is still up in the air.
Sunday: yoga

Just turned in my first paper for grad school and am off to do some reading before my next class!

2 comments:

  1. I had a wild Alaskan salmon burger from Sam's last night! I love them too- so quick to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a bad experience at Zoe's and haven't eaten there in a month or so. I will eventually go back because it is one of my absolute favorites and mistakes happen anywhere I just haven't really wanted it since. It makes me sad:(

    ReplyDelete