Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Eat More Bison

Last night, I did end up going to the evening yoga class. Mostly because this happened in my apartment, and I needed to de-stress.

That's just our living room ceiling caving in with a nice little scenic waterfall. No big deal.

Yoga was relaxing and wonderful, like it always is.

Then I went to Dram with Will and some other people and ordered a bison burger with mixed greens. I didn't take a picture because I was trying to make new friends and didn't want them to think I was too weird just yet. I don't order burgers at restaurants very often, but I've heard how good Dram's burgers were and had to try one. I loved it and would definitely order it again! 

Reasons to eat bison: It has less calories, fat, and cholesterol, while having more protein, iron, and nutrients than other meats!


I woke up this morning and went to yoga again because I'm trying to get better at the different poses (I am learning things like when the instructor says "low hover", you don't just collapse to the floor. This is very good to know.), and I feel energized for the rest of the day. I decided not to do my 30 minutes of cardio because I would be too rushed, and I didn't feel like getting to the gym before 6 this morning. When I got home, I ate a bowl of Kashi Cinnamon Crumble with skim milk, sliced banana, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and almonds.

Then I went to work, ran errands, cleaned, etc. Now I'm just drinking green tea, relaxing, catching up on emails/class stuff, and waiting for Brittany to get here. She is staying with me this weekend for Food Blog South. This is my very first blogger meet up, so it's very exciting!

We're going to Jim 'N Nick's 5 Points later tonight for a pre-conference dinner/party. I am looking forward to their amazing cheese biscuits!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get your roof fixed soon! I had a great time this weekend! Thanks for letting me stay with you!

    ReplyDelete