Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's Been Awhile

So, it's been awhile.

Being busy means there's not a whole lot of time for blogging. Since I posted last, I started graduate school and have been getting into the swing of a new job.  I've felt a little out of touch with the blog world and I miss it, but at the same time, it's been nice to not have to worry about taking pictures of everything I eat or varying up my meals as much. Sometimes I eat the same thing for lunch every day for a week and sometimes I eat dinner in my car at 9 pm when I get off work. Whatever, I'm learning to make it work.

Being busy is not an excuse to compromise your health! Here are some quick and easy meals that never let me down:

1. Whole wheat sandwich thin with peanut butter, pumpkin butter, sliced banana, and cinnamon.

Best pre-spin class breakfast ever. (if you're going to the 8:30 class)

2. Overnight Oats.

Best post-spin class breakfast ever. (if you're going to the 5:30 class)

3. Baked tilapia with roasted sweet potato rounds and Brussels sprouts.

Look how pretty my new dishes are!

4. Whole wheat veggie pasta.

Veggies=sautéed spinach, eggplant, and mushrooms.

5. Turkey Burger with provolone and sautéed mushrooms and a side of steamed broccoli and cauliflower.

Everything tastes better with ketchup, obviously.

6. Scrambled eggs with cheese, avocado, and salsa.

I've said it many times before, eggs + avocado= amazing.

7. Chicken Salad Salad.

Other salad additions: carrots, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, raisins.

Of course I've been eating out some too....

Turkey Crunch with roasted veggies from Urban Cookhouse.

Moroccan Chicken Salad from CPK. This is my favorite salad of all time. It's so so so good!

Whole Foods Hot Bar.

Other Things Worth Mentioning:

  • I celebrated NYE with these two:

Laura and I at dinner.

We were festive :)

Why do I look so awkward?

  • Will and I like to eat cookies from Whole Foods sometimes.

Sometimes we split them....

Half Ginger, half Pecan Pie.

Other times, we take them home, drink hot tea, and watch movies...

This is my ideal night.
  • Muffins are one of my favorite foods. Fun fact: I asked for muffins one year for Christmas (I was two), and I even named my grandparents' dog Muffin. 

Let me introduce you to the "Health Nut" muffin from Magic Muffins. It is one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life, and the best part is that it contains no butter, sugar, or white flour!
  • Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is a really good movie.

Suspenseful.
  • NEEDTOBREATHE is my current musical obsession.

Love love this song!
  • I registered for Food Blog South with Brittany. It's a food blogger conference at the end of this month! The great part is that it's located in Birmingham! What, there are actually other people who take pictures of their food in this city?! It's kind of ironic due to the fact that I've been doing such a poor job keeping up with my blog lately, but perhaps the conference will provide me with some inspiration. I'm really looking forward to it!

I guess that's enough rambling for now. I'll try to update as often as I can!

Hope you have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite nights include a movie, tea and dessert too! And let me just say- all of that food had made me seriously hungry!!! All of it looks amazing! And 5:30am spin class?!?! Intense!

    Hope your having a great weekend!

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete