Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Paris By Night

Hey guys!

It's been a busy couple of days here in Paris! I have a lot of pictures and a lot to blog about, so I'll try to keep this post as simple as possible.

Yesterday's Breakfast:

Fresh Fruit Basket.

I think the yogurt is so cute here, and I love that it comes in a little glass container. It also tastes like Stonyfield yogurt, which is a plus!

Muesli cereal with strawberry yogurt, sliced banana, and strawberries. 
Breakfast of champions right there.

Morning Walk:

Eiffel Tower.

We heard the macaroons at Carette were good, so we picked some up for later.

My favorite street in Paris.

 It's quieter and slower paced than the other streets, and I think the trees are just beautiful!

Lunch at Ladurée:


The sesame rolls were yummy!

Salade Champs-Elysées. 
Crab meat salad served atop phyllo dough with spinach, cantaloupe, watermelon, peaches, and sunflower seeds underneath. The dressing was a mix of balsamic vinegar and lemon, orange, and grapefruit juices. This is one of the most unique and unusual salads I've ever had. Delicious!

The Louvre: 

You could easily spend a week in the Louvre, but we just hit the highlights.

In front of the Louvre.

The Winged Victory-where we get the Nike swoosh from!

Crowd around the Mona Lisa.

Not the best picture, but I did what I could with the crowd!

The Coronation of Napolean.

Vènus de Milo.

Resting in a park:






 Musée de l'Orangerie:

The Louvre was a bit overwhelming, and I actually liked this museum much better.

I love Claude Monet's water lilies!

 The inspiration for this painting is from his backyard garden in Giverny, which is in Normandy.


Cocktail Hour:

We had a free drink voucher at the hotel bar, where we redeemed a glass of Bouteile. Super smooth-I like French wines more and more every day. We sipped our wine with the macaroons we picked up earlier in the day.


I agree with Ann, I've deemed caramel and pistachio my favorite macaroon flavors!

Dinner at La Belle Ferronniere:

Dad and I at our favorite little café.

French Onion Soup to start.

The signature LBF salad, which consisted of mixed greens, carrots, tomatoes, walnuts, potatoes, and avocado. I was wrong-the salads in France are fabulous!

Paris By Night:

Last night, Agnes picked us up for a midnight tour of Paris. It doesn't really get dark until about 10:30, but it is absolutely beautiful!

Breathtaking.

The Eiffel Tower lights up at about 10:30-but starting at 11, it sparkles for five minutes on the hour. Magical!

Agnes and myself! 
I think she is the classiest most beautiful French lady ever.

The Opera House.

Today's Breakfast:

Muesli with strawberry yogurt and fresh fruit salad.

Top of the Eiffel Tower:




Lunch at Carette:

We liked the macaroons so much, we wanted to go back for lunch (and more macaroons, duh).



Bring on the warm goat cheese salads. I really liked the addition of watermelon, cantaloupe, walnuts, green beans, and cabbage to this salad.
It was fantastic. I can't get enough of these salads!

Flowers are pretty.

I still have today's trip to Versailles to blog about (this turned out to be quite the adventure), but I'm getting ready for bed, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Sadly, my time in France is coming to a close, but I still have a week in London to look forward to!

We're traveling via The Chunnel in the morning!




1 comment:

  1. Oh have fun on the Chunnel! It's so nice and the perfect length of time for a quick nap or a few chapters of a book and then you're there! I love how your family finds places you like and go back multiple times. We are so the same way, always going to the same places multiple times on one trip. Can't wait to hear how you like London!

    ReplyDelete