Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Positivity

Why yesterday was awesome:

  • I went to church with my family and heard a great sermon.
  • I ate this delectable grilled chicken pita with tabouli from The Pita Stop for lunch. Pita bread + hummus was also enjoyed.
  • I saw Midnight in Paris. I may be a little biased since I just went to Paris, but I absolutely LOVED this movie! Owen Wilson was so great!
  • I went on a glorious evening walk around my neighborhood. It was lovely.
  • I ate cereal for dinner, and it was exactly what I wanted. I also ate some carrots + sunflower seed butter.

Barbara's Shredded Oats, skim milk, almonds, nectarine, sliced banana.
  • The Holiday was on TV, and I tuned in just in time to watch my favorite part.
Precious.

Glasses=sexy. End of story.
  • Continuing my laziness, I watched the Next Food Network Star. It's probably the foodie in me, but there's just something about this show that's so addicting! I was shocked that top contender Orchid went home last week, but I'm placing my bets on Susie now!
  • I ended my night with Chocolove Almonds & Sea Salt in Dark Chocolate. Enough said.

Why today is/will be awesome:

  • I made Gracie's Best Ever Waffle Sandwich for breakfast. It was my first time using Van's Waffles, and I loved them-definitely a step up from the Eggo's Whole Wheat Waffles I used to buy in high school! 
Sweet potato, banana, and PB sandwiched in between two whole wheat waffles later drizzled in maple syrup. Yeah, I think I've made my point.
  • I went to the gym for an early morning workout. I even got some studying done, as I flipped through my notecards on the bike!
  • I took home the leftover fruit tray from Katie's lingerie shower and have been eating massive amounts of cantaloupe ever since. It's the perfect summer snack.
  • I had a shrimp and avocado salad with marcona almonds + lots of other delightful veggies for lunch today.
I was really sad when I finished this salad:(
  • I tried a new-to-me product: Barbara's Fruit and Yogurt Bars.
YUM-they're like a denser, more wholesome Nutrigrain bar!
  • I got a free coffee at Panera today with my MyPanera Rewards Card!
  • I have a dinner date with Laura at Rojo! They have a fantastic black bean burger I've been dreaming about all day.
  • The Bachelorette comes on tonight! TEAM JP, ALL THE WAY!!! Although, I also adore Ben, the winemaker (who wouldn't want a winemaker for a hubby?) and think Ames is a total stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment