Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fun Trip

I had so much fun on my quick little visit to Atlanta! It was a fun relaxing getaway but still really productive at the same time.

Here's my trip in a nutshell:

Lunch before I left:

Panera Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich. I like their Tomato Basil Bread. I'd never had it before. It's good.

Dinner in Atlanta Night 1:

Dinner at Figo, an adorable neighborhood Italian restaurant located in the historical Vinings district. It had a trendier and different feel than your normal Italian place, but it was still casual and laid back at the same time. I loved it.

I created my own pasta dish, choosing whole wheat fusili with primavera sauce and also had a glass of the house red. The sauce consisted of fresh tomatoes, broccoli, green peas, spinach, garlic, EVOO, basil, and white wine and all the pasta is handmade!

 I didn't realize I was supposed to tell the guy when to stop sprinkling the parmesan cheese on my pasta, so I got a little more than I wanted-but it was good all mixed up! I <3 whole wheat pasta.

Frozen Yogurt:

Yoforia features only nonfat organic natural Stonyfield yogurt! Stonyfield is my favorite yogurt brand, so obviously I was in a state of yoforia.

I got a mix of taro, ferroro rocher, and cookies and cream topped with chocolate chips, mochi, crushed graham cracker, strawberries, and banana. 

Breakfast:

Dunkin' Donuts makes good coffee (it used to be the only kind I would buy). And their Veggie Egg White Omelet Flatbread Sandwiches aren't too bad either.

Lunch:

A vegetarian lunch at World Peace Cafe. Gotta love my reflection in the window.

I got the grilled veggie sandwich and cup of kale, mushroom, and lentil soup.

The sandwich was filled with carrot, zucchini, onion, roasted red pepper, portabello mushrooms, and melted mozzarella. Yum.

Kale + lentils? Talk about a power soup right there.

Dinner Night 2:

Dara and her mom were in Atlanta for a girl's trip, so we met up with them at Seasons 52 for dinner last night. It was such a cool restaurant. The menu changes with each season, and everything on the menu is under 475 calories! We nutrition majors could appreciate that.

Reunited at last!

We all split the caramelized crab & shrimp stuffed mushrooms and a basil & parmesan cheese crispbread to start.

 I ordered the cedar plank salmon, which came with carrots, asparagus, and potatoes. It was fabulous!

I love mini desserts-I got chocolate PB mousse. Yummm. Anything with Reese's is heaven on earth!

I was sad to leave this morning, but hopefully I'll be back soon.

With that said- I'm taking the RD exam soon, and I have lots of other stuff going on, so I'm taking a little week or two hiatus. Due to my extensive follower base (sarcasm), I'm sure many will be crushed by my absence (sarcasm again). Don't worry though-I'll be back soon, and I'm sure I'll continue to still take pics of all my really good eats to share when I return-but I just really don't have time to keep up with this and focus on everything else the way I should.

See you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment