Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kristen, RD

Hey blog world-I'm back!

And I'm coming back as a Registered Dietitian!!!!


I took the test yesterday, and it was really hard. I was a nervous wreck beforehand, which I'm sure didn't help my test taking skills. I was not calm, cool, and collected. While I was taking the test, I had no idea if I was getting the questions right or not. It's one of those tests where you can get it narrowed down to two choices and they can both be correct, but you have to choose the best answer. Most of the questions I had were really random, and I had a few questions about topics I wasn't familiar with and had never heard of before.

I ate Zoe's Spinach Roll Ups with grilled chicken + fruit for brain food.

I studied all summer, and I really don't think studying more would have helped at all. For example: one of the questions that threw me for a loop was about Class K fires. Class K??? I know about Classes A, B, & C, but where did that come from? That was nowhere to be found in my study materials, and that's not just the kind of thing I know off the top of my head. I still got it right though by a total guess! It's a fire that's caused by cooking oils.

I tried to think through things logically, but it's hard to do that when you're under so much pressure. After I had answered all the questions, I had to fill out a short survey before I got my score back. My heart was racing. I couldn't think straight. I felt like I was going to throw up. It was the worst 5 minutes of my life. While I was taking the survey, I almost started to cry because I thought I'd failed. I started thinking, "This is going to be so embarrassing when I have to tell everyone that I"m the first person to fail this test so far." "Am I seriously going to have to pay $200 to take this test again"? "I don't wanna study anymoreeeee."

But then my scores flashed up and something magical happened-I passed!

I couldn't believe it! I stared at the screen for like 5 minutes, just to make sure I had read it correctly. It was seriously a miracle.

I was so frazzled at this point that I pretty much stumbled out of the room completely disoriented. When the guy at the desk handed me my scores, I immediately bolted out of the room. I wanted to get as far away from there as possible. But then he called after me, "Ma'am, don't you want to get your purse"? Oh, yeah.

I rewarded myself with a hair cut and dinner at Chuy's with my other dietitian friends, Callie, Amie, and Lorianne. It ended up being a good day after all!

I got veggie enchiladas.

I'll leave you with a picture from Katie's Bachelorette party:

Me and Rebekah at dinner.

More pictures to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment