Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WIAW

Two posts in one day! I know...crazy, right?! In addition to telling you about last night's delicious dinner, I am also going to post my very first What I Ate Wednesday, except I can't figure out how to get the little graphic thing on here. Oh well. Hope you are excited!

Breakfast:

Strawberry Oikos, 1/3 C oats, 1/2 sliced banana, Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan granola, Justin's Maple Almond Butter. I also threw in a handful of blueberries and Almond Squares after the photo was taken. It was a good afterthought. This granola is so good that I've been trying to just limit myself to sprinkling it on top of my breakfasts. So far, so good-no mindless grazing yet!

Lunch:

I made a salad using some leftover veggies from last night-romaine, corn, tomatoes, potatoes, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, and a hard boiled egg drizzled with Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing.

I love adding hardboiled eggs to salads. Such an easy way to get some protein!

Also had one of these heated up in the microwave.

Plain tortillas are good.

Snack:

A bowl of cantaloupe and strawberries + a spoonful of almond butter.

 I kind of forgot how freakin delicious cantaloupe is.

Dinner:

My mom made turkey meatballs!!! These are a pretty standard meal in our house. I topped them off with sautéed mushrooms and lots of ketchup and also had a baked sweet potato topped with lots of cinnamon and steamed broccoli on the side. Gotta have a little something green.

Good dinner! I'll find any excuse I can to use ketchup and cinnamon!

Dessert:

I needed a little something sweet after dinner. Always. I'm loving Publix low fat frozen yogurt right now! I had one scoop of Moose Tracks and one of Berry Granola. It was nice to have a mix of chocolatey and fruity flavors. 

Ice cream will always be my favorite dessert.


Workout: 50 minutes on the arc trainer + 6.4 mile walk. I was a little bored today, if you couldn't tell.

Now I'm about to make my ritual cup of nightly peppermint hot tea. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Your salad looks so good! I don't feel like my salad is complete without a hard boiled egg. I still have not mastered the boiling part yet. Several people have told me how they do it but it never works out for me I always end up having to boil it more after wasting a test egg...

    ReplyDelete