Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Organic Harvest

Happy weekend, everyone!

I've had a pretty fun and social week-Jackson's on Tuesday, Billy's on Thursday, and Zydeco to see Trotline last night! I felt like a college student all over again and loved it. I also have some exciting news that I will share in a week or so!

Here are some recent eats:

Since cantaloupe and strawberries are delicious by themselves, I thought they would work beautifully in a Green Monster.

I was right! Loved this mix of 1 C unsweetened almond milk, cantaloupe, strawberries, 1/2 banana, 2 C spinach, 3 spoonfuls plain Greek yogurt, and ice. Obviously, I topped it off with Love Grown Foods granola for a little crunch.

Sometimes I google things like "nutrition and Birmingham" just to see what pulls up. I scored big the other day by discovering a new organic cafe and juice bar in Birmingham! It's a little bit of a drive from my house, so I probably never would have heard of it otherwise.


This is Organic Harvest. A health food store with a cafe inside!


The concept reminded me a lot of Manna in Tuscaloosa, one of my absolute favorite lunch spots.


I ordered the Harvest Salad & Sandwich Special. I got half of the Organic Turkey & Jack Sandwich, which came with Applegate Farms smoked turkey, Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, veganaise, and lettuce on Big Sky Three Seed Bread and half of a Harvest House Salad, organic spring mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and sprouts with balsamic vinaigrette. I also got a Steaz Black Cherry Sparkling Green Tea.

I was really surprised that I actually liked the veganaise! Organic Harvest also has a full juice and smoothie bar, so I plan on going back soon! Totally worth the drive!

Oatmeal with almond milk, sliced bananas, blueberries, and slivered almonds.

Taziki's Grilled Chicken Roll Ups with fruit. Didn't eat the chips.

Brunch at Over Easy. This is my new favorite place! I ordered the Breakfast Sandwich on wheat with scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and provolone with hash browns on the side. They have the best wheat toast and hash browns in town!


Banana soft serve is one of the best things I've ever had in my life. I just blended a frozen banana, a spoonful of Skippy Natural PB, and a splash of almond milk together to make a healthy dessert that tasted sinfully delicious. I'm super classy and licked the blender clean. Oh, and it's about a zillion times more delicious than I just made it look with my pictures.

Go make some banana soft serve now! Just do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment