Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Happenings

Things I've Been Eating Lately:

Van's Waffles topped with Justin's Maple AB, 1/2 sliced banana, strawberries, and a drizzle of sugar free maple syrup.

Stonyfield vanilla with sliced banana, blueberries, strawberries, and Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan. They now sell Love Grown Foods granola at Fresh Market, so everyone go buy some today! You will become addicted, but don't say I didn't try to warn you.

Green Monster made with 1 C unsweetened almond milk, a banana, a peach, 1 T chia seeds, and 2 C spinach. I think the peach contributed to the particularly bright green color. Every time I make a Green Monster, my mom makes it very well known that she does not find it appetizing at all. Her words this time, "Um, you really eat that out of a bowl? Like soup? No thanks." I promise the spinach does not affect the taste at all-it tastes exactly like a normal smoothie!

My dad is really obsessed with Clif bars, and he's the one who's kind of gotten me into them lately. I swiped this one from his personal stash. Shhhh. Don't tell!

My mom's spinach + mushroom quiche with cherries. My mom makes really good quiche, and I loveeeee cherries. I should probably post the quiche recipe, along with her turkey meatball and vegetable couscous recipe sometime soon.

Fun Things:

The other day, I met Laura and her sister Kate for the matinee show of The Help. I loved it!


Go see this now! It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I read the book over Christmas break, and it was also amazing. I think the movie matched up really well to the book and was really well done! It was heartfelt, touching and moving.

After the movie, Laura and I went to dinner at Bella Cucina, a girly chicken salad place. I always order the same thing every time I'm there (chicken salad & greens), so I decided to branch out and try something new. Due to my great love for crab cakes and the absence of them in my life, I ordered the crab cakes & greens.


As always, the greens were delicious, but the crab cakes were average at best. It was my fault for ordering seafood at a place that's famous for their chicken salad & fruit plate, so there was no reason for me to order crab cakes and expect them to be on par with The Red Bar in Grayton Beach, FL. Their chicken salad is really great though, so I'll just continue to be boring and order the same thing every time I go.

I also went to happy hour at The J. Clyde with Jody earlier in the week. I tried two new beers per the waiter's suggestions for a mere $5.75! I tried Palm and Avery White Rascal. I'm really bad at describing beer, so I'm not even going to try, but they both were light, refreshing, and tasted really good! That's all that matters, right?

Isn't this the cutest street ever? J. Clyde is off in the distance with the umbrellas in front.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I love crab cakes! I'm sorry yours were no good. What you said about ordering seafood at a chicken salad place reminds me- Sometimes I'll be about to order seafood somewhere and then someone will point out that we're nowhere near the sea. It totally turns me off of the seafood! I don't like to think of how far it came...

    ReplyDelete