Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Brio Again

Hey everyone. Hope your week is off to a good start!

Here are some recent eats...

Breakfasts:

Strawberry Oikos, 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, Oatmeal Squares, granola. Oatmeal Squares are really addicting. I somehow always go back for another handful or two after I finish breakfast.

Oatmeal topped with a peach, granola, and sunflower seed butter. My breakfasts are repetitive, yet delicious.

Brio:

I went to Brio again for lunch! I've been on a serious salad kick lately, and they have some of the best salads around. They also have one of the best bread baskets around. Sun dried tomato olive oil, yes please.

I wanted to a try a salad I'd never had before and the Citrus Garden Salad sounded intriguing. Fresh linguine tossed with spinach, peppers, carrots, scallions, basil, dried cranberries, candied pecans, lemon vinaigrette, and a spicy citrus glaze. I also added shrimp to the salad for some protein. I loved it-although, I wish there'd been more spinach and less pasta.

Sandwiches:

We haven't had much produce in our house the past couple of days, so sandwiches have been my go to for meals.

Half of a turkey and swiss panini on whole wheat with lettuce, tomato, and mustard. Fuji apple on the side.

I used the last egg to make a fried egg sandwich on toasted whole wheat spread with Garden Gourmet Italian Herbs and topped with melted swiss and tomato. It was an easy dinner to throw together and really good! Just wish I'd had more veggies or another egg to put on the sandwich.

PB&J Roll Ups! A whole wheat tortilla spread with Trader Joe's Valencia PB with Roasted Flaxseeds (haven't used this in awhile!) and Crofter's Grape Spread with baby carrots on the side.

I just noticed that I used the same plate in the last three pictures. Oops. And I just went to the grocery store, so the fridge is fully stocked now!

No comments:

Post a Comment