Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Finding What Works For You

So, I haven't posted an entire day's worth of eats in a really long time, and it's mostly due to the fact that I don't want people to fall into the trap of playing the comparison game. I find myself doing this all the time with other blogs. 

Some days I think maybe I should become a vegetarian, because every one else seems to be doing that. Or I'll think I need to eat less or eat more or eat smaller meals and more snacks or whatever. Or I'll think I need to start adding protein powder to my cereal or sprinkling Nutritional Yeast on all my vegetables (I actually really do want to try that). And then, I'm like, Duhhhh, Kristen. Your blog is called Kristen's Healthy Balance. This is YOUR healthy balance. This is what works for you, not other people.

Everybody is different, and we all fuel our bodies differently. Basically, I think you just kind of have to figure out what works for you. I eat differently every single day. Some days I eat more than others-some days I eat multiple snacks and others no snacks. Some days I eat out for every meal and sometimes I eat every meal at home. Some days I feel particularly vegetarian and others particularly carnivorous. It just depends.

While I try to consistently eat healthy, I like to mix things up and definitely don't eat the exact same foods or amount of calories each day. In my opinion, there's no such thing as a one size fits all diet or meal plan. 

With all that being said, here's what I ate today:

Breakfast:

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon, skim milk, strawberries, blueberries, and slivered almonds.

Lunch:

Leftover sweet potato rounds and Brussels sprouts drowned in bbq sauce. I think these are my two favorite vegetables, especially together.

Watermelon to finish off the meal.

Snack:

Strawberry Oikos with a spoonful of almond butter and goji berries (purchased yesterday from Whole Foods).

Workout:

3.2 mile run + weights and abs. I waited until the evening to run, and it actually felt so nice outside. I pushed myself a little harder than usual and was pretty happy with my pace!

Dinner:

My mom's chicken and broccoli casserole and spinach salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, sunflower seeds, and Zoe's Greek dressing.

Dessert:

Green & Black Milk Chocolate with Peanuts and Sea Salt with Two Leaves & a Bud Peppermint Tea. Both items were also purchased at Whole Foods yesterday.

Good stuff.

I'm off to watch Sweet Home Alabama. I just can't resist reality TV about people from Alabama. Eating more berries is probably going to happen in the future.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I have felt the same way Kristen...After reading so many blogs so often, it's hard not to compare my eating to others, and make changes to eat like them. You're totally right- everyone eats differently! By the looks of your blog, I'd say you have a perfect healthy balance:)

    Rainie@Be Well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abdominal exercise which you can do that are a lot much more helpful and far less strenuous than the sit-up!The last most prevalent myth about abdominal development is that you simply can get definitely very good abs with a genuinely poor diet.

    ReplyDelete