Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wedding Weekend and Atlanta

Hey everyone! I had a really fun weekend and past couple of days. On Friday afternoon, I left for Oneonta, AL to kick off the wedding festivities. The rehearsal dinner was really sentimental and heartfelt, I loved getting to be a part of the wedding, and I had a blast at the reception.

Rehearsal Dinner:


Brunch at the Ruby Radish:

It was an adorable old Southern home and even cuter on the inside!



Coffeeeeee. I roughly had about five refills.

Fruit with some kind of yogurt cream sauce topped with granola. It was so good. I could've eaten about three more of them.

Egg casserole with praline crusted bacon, a biscuit, and some kind of pancake/french toast thing (love how descriptive that was). The eggs and pancake/french toast thing were my favorite part!

Wedding Day:

All dolled up. I even got my hair did! 
I LOVED the bouquet. It was beautiful!


Before:


After:
Isn't she the most beautiful bride ever?

AXO's at the reception.

After I got back from the wedding, my mom and I went on an impromptu trip to Hotlanta.

Dinner at P.F. Chang'sssss:

We split the Spring Rolls to start.

And then split the Almond & Cashew Chicken, stir fried with bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, celery, bamboo shoots, and water chestnuts in garlic soy sauce. We also added broccoli and got brown rice on the side.

We had a celeb sighting at the Buckhead Diner:

I ordered one of the daily specials, the Mahi Mahi BLT. I didn't really want bacon, but I didn't feel like being all complicated and asking for a BLT without bacon, so I just took it off the sandwich when it got there. It came with a lemon dill caper sauce on the side, salad, and homemade potato chips.

Guess who was lurking on the other side of the restaurant?

Robert Duvall!!! 

As we were leaving, our waiter came by our table and asked us if we'd seen Robert Duvall. He said was just on the other side of the restaurant sitting at the head of a long table with a large party. My mom and I were very discreet and did the whole "you get up first and pretend you're going to the bathroom thing." I didn't want to be all creepy and take a picture, but we did both get to see him!

I introduced my mom to Pinkberry for the first time:

After a long day of shopping, I couldn't resist a trip to Pinkberry. My mom had never been before, so clearly, it was a must.

I got a mix of salted caramel and watermelon topped with watermelon, blueberries, toasted almonds, and mochi.

That may sound like a weird combination, but I assure you, it was delicious.

Other Things:

Are you getting sick of this yet? I'm not.

Awesome leftover veggies! Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burger smothered with onions, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes (I promise it's under there somewhere!) with brussels and roasted potatoes.

Whole Foods salad bar, I love you. Maybe a little too much.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. So many fun things going on! First of all you look beautiful with your hair all did :) I'm glad the wedding went well! And that's so fun that you and your mom just take random trips to Atlanta. I love that! Eli and I went to Pinkberry two nights ago and he had salted caramel, but I had a bite! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete