Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Good Food

Um, can we just talk about how much deliciousness is on this plate?

Italian grilled chicken, grilled okra, roasted potatoes, brussels sprouts, and sautéed onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms, and tomato. 

The chicken and okra came compliments of my brother, the grill master.

Holy yum! The chicken was great and seasoned really well, but I could've just eaten an entire plate of the veggies. Obviously, I went back for thirds seconds. 

Veggies are delicious. Go eat some now. You can always take after me and eat an entire day's worth of produce in one sitting.

I also ate a really good spinach and tomato veggie panini when I went out to a celebratory lunch with my mom at Olexa's.

Spinach, roma tomato, red onion, artichoke, and goat cheese (!) on focaccia bread with mixed greens on the side.

And then this happened:

In case you didn't know, Olexa is kind of famous for her wedding cake, so my mom and I split a slice of the warm vanilla buttercream. So what if I licked all the remaining icing off the plate?

Leftovers are a beautiful thing.

Especially when they're your mom's leftover couscous filled with yummy things like asparagus, peas, and mushrooms.

Yogurt and blueberries make for an excellent snack.



My love for oatmeal will never go away. Ever.

Oats, almond milk, banana, Justin's Maple Almond Butter. It just doesn't get much better than that. Confession: I've been using instant oats lately, and I secretly kind of love how it all clumps together and the artificial sweetness from the maple and brown sugar flavor. Does that make me totally unclassy?

I also really like breakfast dates with Laura. We went to Panera yesterday, and chatted for about two hours. I got a whole grain bagel per usual, but I didn't take a picture of it, so you'll just have to use your imagination. MyPanera reward cards are also really useful. I have two free pastries waiting for me! Helloooo, pumpkin muffies!

Well, that was officially the most disorganized post I've ever written.

And the takeaway lessons are:
1) Stuff your face with veggies! Why not? You can eat a lot of them for not a lot of calories, they're filling, and they taste delicious. It's a win-win situation!
2) If you go to Panera as much as I do, then you'll start to get free things, which is cool.
3) Life's too short to not eat good food/what you're craving. So go splurge on that cupcake you've been eyeing every time you walk by the bakery but have felt too guilty about letting yourself have until now. Or how about those cookies that seem to be screaming "Eat me!", every time you walk into Whole Foods with the intention of only getting the nice healthy salad bar. It's okay every once in awhile. You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment