Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Past Couple of Days

Hey guys! 

Haven't you just loved the titles of my posts lately? Sorry, I seem to be having a bit of a creativity block.

Anyway, here's a little glimpse into my week thus far....

Lunch Out:

Zoe's Greek Chicken Salad. One of my favvvv restaurant salads!

Lunch At Home:

Spinach salad topped with sautéed squash and mushrooms (they're under there!), cherry tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, avocado, sunflower seeds, two hard boiled eggs, balsamic vinegar, and EVOO.

The eggs, avocado, and sunflower seeds added a protein punch that kept me full for hours!

Me Trying to be a Chef:

On Monday night, Cameron and I went on a power walk around my neighborhood and then watched the Bachelor Pad at my house. Mindless entertainment, gotta love it. Where all the Ames of this world?!?

I whipped us up whole wheat naan and veggie pizzas for dinner! So easy and delicious.

Whole wheat naan spread with sun dried tomato pesto and topped with sautéed bell pepper, onions, cherry tomato, squash, mushrooms, spinach, and mozzarella cheese. Yummmm.

Kathryn's wedding favor was a bottle of homemade bbq sauce, so I decided to incorporate it into last night's dinner. I could literally drink bbq sauce-it makes all things taste better.

I decided on baked bbq chicken with roasted sweet potato rounds and Brussels sprouts for dinner. It was a great combination. Would definitely make this again!

Snackage:

I tried the Honey Fig flavor of Oikos and fell in love. I threw in some blueberries and slivered almonds for sweetness and crunch and had the perfect snack.

I've also been eating a lot of this lately. 

Day Trip to Atlanta:

So, I know everyone is probably thinking, "Whoa, this chick just up and goes to Atlanta a lot." But I promise I have my reasons.

Lunch at Fresh To Order:

I ordered the Asian Salad, mixed baby greens, candied walnuts, tomatoes, sesame seeds, avocado, pickled ginger, crispy noodles, mandarin oranges, mixed nuts, and dijon vinaigrette. I also added almond rosemary crusted tuna, which was recommended with the salad. LOVED the tuna!

It was a big salad. I'm usually pretty skilled at finishing off massive salads, but this one dominated me.

Whole Foods:

I did a couple of things on my own, then met up with Mary Alice, because she had the day off! It's kinda fun having a friend who works at Whole Foods-I stay informed on all the latest foods trends, and she helps me correctly pronounce food names, such as jicama and seitan. Man, I would really have embarrassed myself trying to order something at a restaurant. Thanks, MA!

She was also kind enough to provide my first Whole Foods juice bar experience today, and it was life changing. Really, I slurped the whole thing down in about 2 minutes flat.

I ordered Tracey's Green Blast, which consisted of lemon, apple, kale, and spinach, and I added beets to the mix. I drank this in the midst of an afternoon slump and perked up immediately. 

Wish we had a juice bar at the Whole Foods in Birmingham. I could drink one of these every day.

Dinner at Cafe Sunflower:

We went to this vegetarian gem the last time we were in Atlanta, and loved it so much we wanted to go back. Besides, we just can't help but be total food nerds foodies together.

Everything on the menu looked fabulous, but I went with one of the specials of the day, the Power Bowl. 

The bowl was filled with red and white quinoa, seaweed, collard greens and was topped with a grilled shish kebab featuring an apple chunk, zucchini slice, soy chicken nugget, portabello mushroom, and a Brussels sprout. It was delicious, filling, and totally hit the spot. After finishing this dish, I felt so....empowered.

If you're in the Atlanta area, I highly recommend this place!

On the way home from dinner, we passed this.

And obviously turned around the car to stop for a treat.

I ordered two mini cupcakes, Atlanta Creme Pie and Salted Caramel. Both delicious and the perfect size to satisfy my sweet tooth without feeling overly stuffed.

Just got back home and am about to call it a night. I'm exhausted!

3 comments:

  1. Zoes is my favorite fast/casual restaurant. I think I could eat there everyday. P.S. You should mention to your friend that Tuscaloosa is in dire need of a Whole Foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our Whole Foods juice bar! It's like a 15 minute walk from my house so sometimes if I'm going on a walk or run with a friend we take a detour to Whole Foods for the juice bar. Your day trip to Atlanta looks like it was fun. So cool to have a friend that works at Whole Foods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now craving Zoe's and that massive salad looks like my kind of meal!

    ReplyDelete