Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dinner For One

So today, I was in the mood to run and bake and cook.

I broke down and got the Garmin Forerunner 110. Hello, Disney Half Marathon training! I didn't follow a training plan or really even accurately track my mileage while I trained for the Nashville Half Marathon, and it turned out okay. So I thought, how much better would my training be with a Garmin?! And I have to admit, it's the coolest little gadget ever!

I was really eager to try it out, so I went on a run about 1:30 PM. It was not a smart idea. Alabama is REALLY HOT, people. Like really, really hot.

I lasted about 1.5 miles before I called it quits and started walking. FAIL So, I walked two more miles. 

During my walk, I thought about cookies and how I've always wanted to make Mama Pea's Dough Balls but never have. Today seemed like as good a day as any to finally make them. Cookies, why not? So when I got home, I went grocery shopping and picked up all the necessary ingredients. I made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls. I don't really bake that much, and it's because I eat way too much cookie dough when I do. Baking is kind of therapeutic though. I should do it more often, as long as I can find someone to help eat everything.

The finished product. I ate a zillion of them.

After I finished baking my cookies and it had cooled down a bit, I decided to give running another shot.

I still wouldn't exactly call it a success, but it went much better this time. I ran 2.5 miles and called it a day.

I will not share with you my average pace as most bloggers tend to do, because, well-it really isn't that impressive right now. This is okay though, because it means there is only room for improvement.

My parents met some friends for dinner, so I was on my own tonight. I've been wanting to cook a nice dinner for myself for awhile, so I thought tonight would be the perfect night.

I made Kath's Spicy Orange Vanilla Scallops (I got the smaller Bay Scallops, because they were cheaper) and then sautéed some onions, squash, and kale on the side. I also threw in some sun dried tomatoes for good measure. I think I did a pretty good job-it was delish!

So, I've never disliked kale per se, but I didn't really think I was quite as enthusiastic about it as the average blogger. I tried kale chips once, and they didn't really do it for me. I probably somehow messed up the recipe though. However, sautéed kale is a completely different story-it's definitely something I can get excited about!




Just finished watching Sweet Home Alabama with my friend Cameron. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment