Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scenes From the Weekend

Peach Mango Oikos (loving all these new flavors!), peach slices, strawberries, Oatmeal Squares, and Love Grown Foods Sweet Cranberry Pecan granola.

Whole Grain SmartBagel spread with PB & Co The Bee's Knees and topped with sliced banana. I'm a huge bagel fan, and I love that these are only 100 calories!

Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew KIND bar. This flavor was pretty good!

1 C unsweetened almond milk, a banana, 1/2 C blueberries, 2 C spinach, 3 spoonfuls plain Greek yogurt.

Dinner with Laura and Cameron at Pablo's Cantina. I ordered the grilled tilapia tacos, which came with a side of mixed veggies and Mexican rice. They were pretty tasty, and I loved getting veggies with my tacos!

Saturday morning means Farmer's Market!!! Here's what I picked up....

Tomatoes- a standard.

Sweet potatoes-a personal favorite.

Okra-a recent affinity.

A bakery I've always wanted to go to but never have until now.

They're famous for their "Baby Bites." 
I brought home Turtle, Red Velvet Cake, Caramel, Strawberry, and Chocolate Covered Strawberry. Red Velvet Cake and Turtle were my favorites!

Downtown Homewood.

Best coffee in Birmingham.

Drippy egg served over a bed of sautéed veggies, including onions, peppers, squash, spinach, and tomatoes. Sweet potato rounds on the side. Delish. Total comfort food.

Lunch at Brio after church with Cameron and another friend from high school. I ordered the Mediterranean Chicken Salad, tricolore lettuce, grilled chicken, orzo, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, roasted red peppers, asparagus, capers, crispy lavoush, and lemon vinaigrette.

I finally made a collage of all my favorite pictures from studying abroad in Italy! It makes me happy.

Hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. One of my best friends worked at Brio this summer in Birmingham!!! And also I love your collage. Did you put the frames together or did it come like that? And I'm glad you three got to hang out but sad I missed it! The NYC crew needs to reunite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mexican food but as you remember I am sure, Tuscaloosa only has the starchy every restaurant tastes the same kind of places. (Not sure how else to describe them) Your plate from Pablo's Cantina looks so good! Also, your Farmers' Market looks huge compared to ours on Saturday mornings.

    ReplyDelete