Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

CIvil Wars and Alabama Homecoming

Best. Weekend. Ever. And it's not even over yet!

On Friday, I made an impromptu decision to go to The Civil Wars concert- oh, about 3 hours before the concert started. I'm usually not very spontaneous, but it's so fun when I am!

I was supposed to be working on a pre-test for my Adult Weight Management certification, but my friends easily persuaded me to come to the concert instead. My test isn't technically due until Monday at midnight, so I figured I had a little room for procrastination. I searched for the cheapest tickets available and somehow ended up on the second row- not too shabby.

The concert was amazing. The Civil Wars are one of my favorite bands, and they are just so talented. Just a girl, a guy, and a guitar. Their voices literally give me chills. I always tend to like lesser known bands- and I knew The Civil Wars were gaining popularity, but I had no idea just how big they had gotten. They just finished touring with Adele in the UK and one of their songs is going to be on The Hunger Games soundtrack. Remember, this is the book that was so good I read the whole thing on a 3 hour plane ride. I had such a great time at the concert and was so happy with my spontaneous decision!

Catheryne, me, and Cameron.
Good music + hanging out with friends > studying.

On Saturday, I went to Alabama's homecoming game with Cameron, Laura, and Regan (she was home from NYC for the weekend!). 

First stop- Alpha Chi House:

We placed 2nd in lawn decorations and won all of homecoming! So proud:)

Homecoming Parade:




After the parade, we were starving and went to Zoe's for lunch. Of course, they finally opened the Zoe's in the stadium after I'd already graduated. Probably a good thing- I would have gone there way too much. No pictures, but I ordered a Chicken Salad Sandwich with fruit. Hit the spot.

We ran into Rebekah! She's the Crimsonette captain this year!

Also got to see Dara and Mandy!

It was my first time to go back since I've graduated, and honestly, I felt really really old. I'm really happy with the place I am now in life and would never want to go back to college, but I've missed it a lot more than I realized. It was so good to see people and catch up with friends! 

I've been a bad food blogger this weekend, but here are a few pictures i managed to take:

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, skim milk, sliced banana, blueberries, raw almonds.

Overnight Oats.
1/3 C Greek yogurt, 1/3 C skim milk, 1/3 C oats, 1/2 pear, dried cranberries, cinnamon, granola.

Packed lunch + snacks for the day. Leftover quinoa, Honeycrisp apple, raw almonds.

Scrambled eggs with cheddar, avocado, salsa and steamed broccoli on the side.

Off to church!

1 comment: