Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Short & Sweet

I've got a lot to get done before tomorrow, so I'm going to make this short and sweet and get right down to business. Here's what I've been eating this week....

Breakfasts:

 Greek yogurt, 1/2 Bartlett pear, blueberries, sweet potato bread, 1 T sunflower seed butter. Yogurt bowls are always better with carbs, especially sweet potato bread.

Overnight Oats in a Jar!
 1/3 C Greek yogurt, 1/3 C skim milk, 1/3 C oats, 1 T ground flax, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, cinnamon. Love scraping the sunflower seed butter off the sides of the jar! I always make this breakfast last extra long.

Close up!

Wallaby Nonfat Vanilla yogurt, Oatmeal Squares, 1/2 diced Honeycrisp apple, blueberries, Love Grown Foods granola, 1 T almond butter.

Lunches:

I'm trying to work on my food photography, so here is a fun photo shoot of one of my lunches you can enjoy:

For lunch one day, I heated up the rest of my Spicy Sweet Potato Marsala Soup and made a spinach salad on the side. 

I diced up half of a pear and also added pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and Whole Foods No Oil Balsamic Dressing. I also spread some leftover naan bread with Belle Chevre Fig Goat Cheese spread. 

I love soup. I love sweet potatoes. Therefore, sweet potato soup is a beautiful thing.

Such an awesome fall-inspired lunch!

Sunshine Burger on a toasted whole wheat English muffin with spinach and tomato and leftover roasted veggies on the side. We were out of ketchup- tragic, I know- so I used salsa instead. It served as a good substitute.

Panera You Pick Two with the Thai Chicken Salad, Black Bean Soup, and a whole grain baguette.

Snacks:

Per usual, I've eaten one my lovely Honeycrisps from the farmer's market every afternoon. Sadly, they are all gone now:( Apples have always been such a go to snack for me.

Dinners:

On Tuesday night, my parents and I went to Anniston for dinner to celebrate my grandpa's birthday at Longhorn Steakhouse. I ordered the Citrus Grilled Chicken with seasonal vegetables, which ended up being pretty good! 

Veggie quinoa bowl with red bell pepper, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, avocado, and salsa. Quick, easy, and soooo delicious!!
So excited about my leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Will be back tomorrow for a more thorough update. Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. Your salad with pom seeds and walnuts is so creative! At a party I went to once we had white wine with pomegranate seeds (it had a name but I can't remember), but it was much fun to get to the pomegranate seeds. They were my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete