Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Highlights

Leaving for DC tomorrow morning!

Highlights of the Week:
  • Dinner with Laura and my nice friend at Rojo. Black Bean Burger + Blue Moon = winning combination.
This is Rojo. It's a cool place.
  • Lunch at Chez Lulu. I ordered the Half Soup Half Sandwich Special with the Garlic Soup and the Goat Cheese, Tomato, and Pesto Sandwich. Both items came highly recommended by the waiter.

  • Kombucha. I tried Cosmic Cranberry this time. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I really do feel healthier/cleansed after drinking them.
  • Sharing Cheesecake Factory's Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake and then watching The Lion King in 3D with my nice friend. Yeah, we're pretty cool. Surprisingly, there were only adults in the theater, so we didn't have to fight off any little kids for good seats!
Omg. Delicious. So glad it's pumpkin season.

Cute, huh? I <3 Disney.
  • Attending the Birmingham District Dietetic Association meeting. Nutrition nerd alert. The meeting was about a local high school's new culinary arts program. Pretty interesting stuff!
Did you really think a group of dietitians could hold a meeting without having food? The brie was fantastic.
  • In case you were wondering what else I ate, I had a lot of apples, blueberries, Greek yogurt, almond butter/sunflower seed butter, almonds, pom seeds, scrambled eggs with cheddar and salsa, oatmeal, Oatmeal Squares, KIND bars, and spinach- but you probably could have guessed that!
Here is one of my breakfast creations. I promise it was a lot better than it looks.

Here's another one. Again, a lot better than it looks. 

So easy. So satisfying.


Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. A high school culinary program?!?! Where was this when I was in high school. I heard the only cooking class my school offered was home ec and they made brownies out of a box.

    All your meals look so good my stomach started growling and it's not even lunch yet!

    I hope you have fun in DC! I hope to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete