Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Two Concerts in One Weekend!

So remember how I mentioned yesterday I'd had the best weekend ever, and it wasn't even over yet? 

Let's just say my weekend continued in its awesomeness.

Here's where I left off...

Yesterday after church, I met my parents for a delicious lunch at Brio.

Per usual, I ordered the Salmon Salad. It never fails me.

Yesterday afternoon/evening involved Antiques at the Garden, watching old seasons of How I Met Your Mother, drinking wine, cooking dinner, and a surprise concert with a nice friend.

The dinner menu included balsamic grilled chicken, sweet potato rounds, and sautéed spinach. My nice friend prepared the chicken, while I handled the side dishes. 


Teamwork.

Beforehand, I was instructed that we needed to be finished with dinner by 7:30 because there was somewhere we had to be, but I couldn't know where that was. I happen to love surprises, but I also have this need to know exactly what I'm doing every second of the day. Therefore, I required several hints and did a lot of guessing. Turns out, my friend is pretty bad at keeping secrets, so I was able to figure out the venue- WorkPlay. I also determined that some kind of tickets would be involved.

It was still a surprise because I had no idea that they would be tickets to the Mat Kearney concert!!!




Yes, it was awesome. I can't believe I ended up going to two concerts over the weekend and didn't plan on either of them. I am lucky.

Favorite song of the night was Chicago. It's a beautiful song and after interning in Chicago, I am kind of partial to the city.

Good surprise? You bet.

This morning I woke up craving oatmeal. 

1/2 C oats, water, 1 T ground flax, 1/2 chopped apple, dried cranberries, cinnamon, 1 T Sunbutter. 

Lunch was leftover quinoa. Instead of enhancing this dish with avocado and salsa like I did last time, I added sun dried tomatoes and Zoe's Greek dressing. 

I love how versatile quinoa is- you can pretty much add any combination of veggies and toppings, and it will turn out great!  

I had sliced strawberries with Stevia to finish off the meal.

Afternoon snack was the other half of my apple from this morning + more Sunbutter. 

Dang, that stuff is good. Love the crunchiness from the sunflower seeds!

My mom is out of town, and my dad requested to go to Area 41 for dinner, so that's where we went. I ordered the Panini Portabello-portabello mushrooms, mozzarella, roasted red peppers, spinach, and pesto on ciabatta bread with mixed greens on the side. 

Sooooo good.

Exciting News: I passed my Adult Weight Management pre-test before the deadline, and I will be attending a conference in Williamsburg, VA next Monday-Wednesday! Procrastination pays off. The really exciting news is that I will be spending the weekend in DC to visit my cousin for the weekend! On Sunday, I'll be taking the Amtrak from DC to Williamsburg for the conference. I've been meaning to visit her for awhile, and this just worked out perfectly. We have many exciting things planned already, and I can't wait!

Peppermint tea and dark chocolate time. Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment