Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Great Weekend

Great weekend so far!

On Friday night, my nice friend and I went to dinner at GianMarco's, a cozy little Italian place in Homewood. 


Our waiter listed off about ten amazing sounding dinner specials- it was really hard to remember everything, so forgive the vagueness of details in this dinner recap.

We each started out with a glass of Pinot Noir. That is my nice friend's arm in the background.

The bread display was pretty.

We split some kind of oyster appetizer. There were fried oysters and then some kind of baked oysters with spinach and breadcrumbs. I have no idea what it was, but it was delicious.

I ordered Red Snapper, one of the fish specials, for my main course. It was coated in breadcrumbs and it came with potatoes, asparagus, tomatoes, mussels, and some kind of delicious sauce.

For dessert, we split the Pumpkin Bread Pudding and Cinnamon Ice Cream. Amazing. It's nice to have dining companions who are as fond of pumpkin as I am.

Such a good meal! After dinner, we went to Above, a bar at the top of the Redmont Hotel that overlooks the city of Birmingham. It was a really fun night.

I also spent Saturday with my nice friend. The day consisted of running errands, lunch at Chipotle, shopping for Halloween costumes, watching football, watching movies, a "hipster dinner" at Bottletree (no pictures cause the lighting was too dim), and an evening walk around Railroad Park.

Chicken Burrito Bowls with sautéed veggies and guacamole are always a good call.

Breakfast this morning was a bowl of Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon, skim milk, and a sliced banana.


Today, Cameron and I went to church and ate brunch at the Village Tavern. I ordered the Oven Roasted Turkey Sandwich- it came with sautéed mushrooms, Pepper Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mustard sauce on French bread. I selected fruit as my side item.

Basic but delicious.

After brunch, we went to Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Pier 1, and Pottery Barn to look for stuff for our new apartment. Can't believe I'm moving on Friday! I haven't even started packing yet and definitely don't have everything together. Just got really stressed about everything I need to do this week.

Got to get busy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been having fun!! I didn't know there was another Bottletree. I looked at the website- it looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Above bar after a wedding a while back. It was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete