Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Sweet Potato Soup

So yesterday evening, I went to Whole Foods to use my LivingSocial deal I purchased a few weeks ago. $10 for $20 worth of groceries. I won't bore you with pictures of the mainstays in my diet (sweet potatoes, spinach, mushrooms, Greek yogurt etc.), but I will show you a few of the specialty items I bought. 

Maple Vanilla Arctic Zero (150 calories for a whole pint!), Sunshine Burgers, pomegranates, Whole Foods Spicy Sweet Potato Marsala Soup, Whole Foods No Oil Balsamic Dressing, and Belle Chevre fig goat cheese spread.

I heated up some of the Spicy Sweet Potato Marsala Soup for dinner. I loved how thick it was, and it was a little spicy- but in a good way. Of course, I had to doctor it up just a little before eating. I toasted a slice of Rudi's 7 Grain with Flax and cut it into cubes for "croutons." I also added goat cheese and pumpkin seeds for creaminess and crunch. Instant gourmet soup!


Breakfast was a bowl of eats featuring the sweet potato bread I bought at the farmer's market.

1/3 C oats, 1 T ground flax, 1/2 sliced banana, sweet potato bread, 1 T almond butter.

I had an awesome lunch today! My mom had some leftover salmon and shrimp from this weekend, which I heated up and served atop a bed of spinach. I also added tomato, avocado, and walnuts and drizzled Zoe's Greek dressing on top. Such a healthy and filling lunch, packed with Omega- 3's!


I snacked on a Honeycrisp apple in between babysitting and running errands.


Dinner was barbeque chicken, roasted veggies (x2)- sweet potatoes, red potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and naan with black bean hummus. Such a classic dinner for me. Roasted veggies are my favorite thing to cook! I'm always in the mood for them.


Peppermint tea and more sweet potato bread after dinner. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Sunshine burgers really are the BEST. And your salad at lunch looks fantastic. Fish on a salad makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete