Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Williamsburg

Finally home!

Overall, I really enjoyed the conference. I thought the speakers were really interesting, and I learned a lot. Topics included obesity and genetics, clinical management of overweight and obesity, popular diets and weight loss programs (my favorite lecture), physical activity, behavioral management of obesity, medical complications of weight loss, bariatric surgery, OTC dietary supplements, and pharmacotherapy. The conference was really interactive, including case studies and lots of group work/discussion, which kept me from falling asleep.

I was definitely the youngest person there but loved being able to meet some older, more experienced dietitians. Everyone was so nice! I just have to take a post-test by next week and if I pass, I'll officially be certified in Adult Weight Management.

Got back into town last night. My nice friend picked me up at the airport and even surprised me with flowers!

Pretty :)

The flowers made up for the fact that earlier in the day airport security confiscated my Trader Joe's Almond Butter and Fig Butter. I didn't check any bags and forgot about the whole "no liquids over 3 oz" rule. It was really sad. Oh well, whatever. Guess I'll have to make trip to TJ's next time I'm in Atlanta.

Meals:

Since I went to the conference by myself, I wasn't too adventurous with trying out new restaurants- pretty much all of these meals came from the hotel's restaurant.

Breakfasts:

Oatmeal. Every day. Sorry, I'm boring.

Lunches:

The Virginian Sandwich- fennel roasted pork loin, provolone, caramelized onions, pepperoncinis, baby spinach, and pesto aioli with fruit on the side. Delicious!

Lunch and Learn Meal: spinach and portabello panini, veggie orzo soup, and field greens salad with pecans, dried cherries, and dijon vinaigrette. Perfect dietitian-friendly meal!

Herb Grilled Tuna Nicoise Salad- french beans, roasted potatoes and artichokes, and balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinners:

Verde Flatbread- spinach, arugula, basil, feta, and serifina cheese.

I did manage to venture out into Williamsburg on my last night for dinner. I found the cutest coffee shop called Aroma's. They had a great menu, free wi-fi, and even had a band playing jazz music! Reminded me a lot of Chloe's Cup in Tuscaloosa.

I ordered the Asian Salmon Salad- mixed greens, carrots, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, chow mein noodles, and sesame ginger dressing. This salad was amazing!

Here are some pictures I took while strolling around Williamsburg...

Love this.

I want a garden.

Open.

Secretive.

Quaint.

Artsy.

Rustic.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment