Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I have a home!

Hey guys!

I've had such a packed and fun-filled weekend!

Let's rewind and go back to Friday night at the Greek Festival....

They were hard at work in the kitchen.

There was fun music. Oh, and dancing!

I was feeling pretty adventurous and wanted something very Greek and authentic, so I ordered the Souvlakia, marinated lamb skewered and served over rice pilaf with a Greek salad and roll. I've only had lamb once or twice and can't ever remember if I like it.


Turns out, it was delicious! Sorry, Lambchop:(

Laura and I.

Afterwards, we went to get frozen yogurt- it's just tradition when we are together. Sorry I'm not sorry. We tried out Tutti Frutti, a new-to-me yogurt shop. Overall, I was very impressed with this place- awesome yogurt flavors and a good selection of toppings. I got a mix of pumpkin pie and praline topped with oreos, mini PB cups, and coconut. It was such a good combination of flavors! I got two 20% off coupons while I was there, meaning I will be back.


On Saturday morning, Laura and I went to Pepper Place Market. The weather was gorgeous, and I had so much fun walking around, listening to good music, drinking coffee, and being with a sweet friend!

Here are my purchases:

Butternut squash, Honeycrisp apples, and Sweet Potato Bread. The Sweet Potato Bread is awesome- I'm thinking it will be an excellent addition to oatmeal!

After I left the farmer's market, I met my friend Cameron to go....apartment hunting!!! 

Cameron and I go way back. There we are on Bid Day freshman year, looking VERY excited!

There we are again at our first swap-TV and Movie characters. I was Elle Woods and she was Pebbles. This was back in the good ol' days when I used to be tan.

Long story short- we signed a lease!!! We will be moving in October 28, and I will save pictures until then. I love it though and am so excited to start decorating and have my own place! We've already named our new home- The Treehouse Bungalow.

Afterwards, we ate lunch at Urban Cookhouse. I got the Grilled Chicken Sandwich- lettuce, tomatoes, provolone, aioli- on a wheat wrap with roasted vegetables on the side. I was starving and forgot to take a picture until after I'd started eating.


We celebrated with Dreamcakes! I got the Caramel, Sea Salt, and Mocha Cupcake. I waited until I got home to eat it and the icing got a little messed up in the car. It was still amazing- I love anything with caramel and sea salt!


As soon as I got home, I showered and left again to meet my friend Killette and another friend who was visiting for the weekend at Otey's to watch the Alabama game. There was a benefit raising money for United Way- I made a $20 donation for access to the buffet and 2 drink tickets.

I got a few turkey wraps, veggies + ranch, and bean dip. By the time I went through the line, they had run out of chips, so I improvised and used squash for the dip. Healthfully resourceful, no?

Today I met my friends Cameron, Killette, and Jody for Sunday school and church.

Breakfast was a bowl of Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt, Oatmeal Squares, 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, raspberries, and sunflower seed butter. I'm almost to the end of the jar, which means OIAJ soon!

Post church lunch of Taziki's Friday Special.

Now, I must be productive. Reading journal articles, sending emails, cleaning my room, grocery shopping- it's all gotta get done!

1 comment:

  1. I just moved into my new apartment September 28th! I am still decorating and getting everything I need/want. I am loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete