Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Little Savannah

Hope you all had a great weekend!

On Friday night, Will and I went to dinner at Little Savannah. It's an adorable little neighborhood restaurant. It's fine dining, yet still casual and didn't feel stuffy.

We split the Cornmeal Crusted Fried Oysters to start. They were topped with a chipotle aioli, and I liked that they were not too heavily fried. Just the right amount of crisp!


I ordered the Destin Triggerfish for my main meal. It came with quinoa salad, arugula, sugar snaps, red onions, orange, lime, and citrus emulsion. It was healthy and satisfying!


For dessert, we split the Bacon Brownie with Goat Cheese Ice Cream. It sounds weird and we were skeptical at first too, but our waitress assured us it was delicious (and it was!) The bacon was subtle and it was a good balance of salty and sweet. Obviously, the ice cream was my favorite part. Try goat cheese ice cream when you get a chance!


After dinner, we met up with some friends at a karaoke bar. I most definitely did not sing karaoke, but it was a good time.

On Saturday, I slept in, worked on a paper, and went for a 5.75 mile run. Later, I met up with my two favorite Lauras (they're both teachers and runners) for dinner and a movie.

We ate dinner at Urban Cookhouse, where I branched out and tried something new. I ordered the Shrimp Kabobs, which came with rice pilaf and roasted veggies that I subbed for the side salad. Their roasted veggies are amazingly delicious. I was also a big fan of all the squash and zucchini on the kabobs. I loved the whole meal!


I also got one of their cookie brownies bars to take into the movie. Omg. It was soft and doughy and perfect. We saw The Descendants, which was a very well made movie but also sort of depressing. I did think it was deserving of all of its Academy Awards though! 

I love the song that plays at the end of the movie trailer.

 
I think this song is the main reason I wanted to see the movie. Movie marketers are so good.

After church this morning, Will made me brunch! We had scrambled eggs with avocado, yogurt with granola, and whole wheat toast with strawberry jelly. It all tasted great, and thought he did a beautiful job with the food presentation- he said it's because he knew I would take a picture of it.


I went to work this afternoon, and I got home right after the Super Bowl had started. I have the TV turned on, but let's be honest- I only watch it for the commercials. I snacked on some almonds and raisins during work and made dinner when I got home. I heated up some leftover quinoa and added some frozen vegetables, cannellini beans, and BBQ sauce. 

Probably the most unconventional Super Bowl dinner ever.

I'm also eating my first ever bowl of cottage cheese + Sunbutter right now. I know many bloggers swear by this bedtime snack, but I've always been a bit iffy about the idea of eating curdled cheese. However, anything is good with Sunbutter, and cottage cheese has started to grow on me. I'm still not 100% sold, but I can work with it.

I threw in a few blueberries for some color.

I still have so much homework to do before tomorrow. Got to get to it!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I love that you tried cottage cheese and Sunbutter! My favorite snack. The annoying thing about the Superbowl in London is that they don't play the commercials!! They just have commentators talk during the commercials. The commercials are definitely the only reason I watch it too.

    ReplyDelete