Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WIAW: Smoothie Love

Happy Wednesday! Hope your week is going wonderfully...

So, here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast:

Nature's Own Whole Wheat Bagel Thin with Sunbutter, sliced banana, cinnamon, and a drizzle of agave nectar.


Morning Workout:

4 mile run on the treadmill at 7.0 mph + 1 mile walk

Lunch:

This was such a good lunch. I mixed a can of Trader Joe's solid white tuna with plain Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard (Do this! It's so much healthier and more delicious than mayo.) and served it over a bed of romaine with carrots and bell peppers. I added a little Whole Foods No Oil Avocado Vinaigrette dressing that I bought at Whole Foods last week, but I really could have done without the dressing. I also had some grapes on the side. So fresh and filling!




Mid-Afternoon Snack:

I made a Green Monster for the first time in forever. I need to make these more. Possibly the easiest way to get fruit, veggie, and dairy servings all in one!

I tried to be artistic and get some green in the background.

In the Mix:

  • 1 C strawberries
  • 1 T ground flaxseed
  • 3 T strawberry Greek yogurt
  • 1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 2 C kale
  • ice

Dinner:

Veggie quesadilla on a Multi Grain FlatOut wrap with reduced fat Mexican cheese, sautéed squash, zucchini, and mushrooms, corn, and black beans. Yum!


Of course, I had to end the night with a few squares of dark chocolate (and hot tea).


Off to my 3.5 hour stats class (I dread it all week)- it's going to be a long night...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness- a 3.5 hour stats class?!!! I'd die!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may make that smoothie tomorrow. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete