Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Workout Fails + a Delicious Veggie Burger

So yesterday, I had the same breakfast as the day before. Chobani Blood Orange Greek yogurt with all the usuals.


Lunch was scrambled eggs mixed with leftover ratatouille vegetables. Eggs= easy, cheap protein source. Therefore, I eat them all the time.


After lunch, I proceeded to eat 5 huge chocolate covered strawberries that my mom made me for Valentine's Day. At first I was all "Wow Kristen, way to practice good portion control." And then I thought about it and came to the conclusion that it was mostly just fruit (healthy antioxidants!) and less chocolate than I would've eaten in a normal day anyway. No biggie. I was still really snacky all afternoon and ate lots of Oatmeal Squares, almonds, and raisins in addition.

Workout Fail #1:
I ran 4 miles yesterday and hated every second of it. My legs were heavy and I felt like I was barely moving. I was surprised to see that I was only 30 seconds slower than my 4 mile run last Wednesday. Probably because I sped up for the last .5 miles after some super creep started yelling after me, "Baby, can I run witchu? Shoot, gurrrrllllllll." Needless to say, I got the heck away from him.

Workout Fail #2:
My stats class was cancelled last night, so I went to the UAB Rec Center for an extra credit yoga class for my mental health/stress management class instead. Extra credit for yoga? Sweet. Sign me up every day. Wrong. This was the absolute worst yoga class I've ever been to in my life. When I walked in, I was so confused as to why the instructor was wearing Umbro shorts, why everyone in the class was grabbing two yoga mats, and why the instructor still hadn't turned out the lights. I don't really know how to describe it, but it was a weird class. It wasn't relaxing or even pleasant at all. It was all kinds of miserable, and yoga is not supposed to be like that. I've taken many kinds of yoga classes with different instructors and styles and loved them all, so I don't know why this one was so terrible. One good thing I learned: Imogen Heap is fantastic yoga music.

This song was the only good part of the class.

After class was over, I met my mom at the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. My dad has been out of town a lot recently, so we've been rendezvousing quite frequently for meals. We both ordered the Skinnylicious Veggie Burger, which was amazingly delicious. I think the waiter thought we were extra healthy or something because he only brought us brown bread- fine by me! The veggie burger was made with brown rice, farro, black beans, beets, and onions. It was served on an amazing toasted bun and came with a green salad on the side. It kind of had the consistency of sloppy joe's and was even better with ketchup. I've also decided that The Cheesecake Factory reminds me of dining on a cruise ship. Anyone else with me?

<3 veggie burgers.

School=really stressful right now, and I have so much to do before Monday! I can't seem to focus though, and I'll find any excuse to procrastinate (washing my sheets, making homemade chex mix, reading blogs, watching last night's episode of Modern Family, rock climbing, etc)

I am so excited for this weekend because Mary Alice is coming to stay with me and we are going to a wedding shower on Saturday for two of our friends from nutrition class in college! Can't wait to see everyone!

2 comments: