Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Quick Trip

As I mentioned in my last post, I went on a very quick trip to Atlanta this weekend. My family decided to go to Atlanta to shop for the Heart Ball next weekend, and I couldn't miss out on the fun! I got to Atlanta on Saturday afternoon and had more than enough time to find a dress.

Later in the night, we went to dinner at Twist, a very hip/modern restaurant located in Phipps Plaza. One of my friends who lives in Atlanta had been before and told me to order the Harissa Spiked Lamb Burgers with hummus, pita, and tzatziki sauce off the tapas menu. I went with her suggestion and paired them with the Twist Chopped House Salad- iceberg, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, chickpeas, egg, chopped peanuts, and red wine vinaigrette. Everything was delicious!



My brother ordered the fried calamari appetizer for the table, which ended up being an excellent choice.


I also stole a few bites off my dad's vegetable plate.


After dinner, Mary Alice picked me up from the hotel and we went to the Treehouse, a cozy little bar tucked away in a Buckhead neighborhood. It was the perfect chill venue for a beer (I ordered a Sweetwater 420) and a good conversation. So fun to get to see her!

I headed back early the next morning to make it back in time for work. I ate a great breakfast at the hotel before leaving. Oatmeal with raisins and walnuts, Stonyfield low-fat strawberry yogurt, and fresh fruit.


In total, I was there for less than 24 hours, but it was so worth it! Hope you had a fun weekend too!

1 comment:

  1. I love Atlanta. My husband is from Snellville so it's really my second home now. They have so many great restaurants. And I LOVE calamari!!!! I can't even explain how much I love it. I usually make it at home though bc it's always so overpriced.

    ReplyDelete